Sign in to follow this  
archermav

Oh my, times are really hard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-34676048

I'm all for technology, but this just doesn't sit right.

Also this part of the article "Oz Merrygold, secretary of Cambridgeshire Police Federation, said that due to cuts to policing it is "just not possible anymore" to send officers out on crimes such as burgled homes."

Thoughts?

Reform is working, crime is falling, front line is being protected, police have the resources they need, HMG has removed targets and bureaucracy ....except it doesn't help the public who are feeling let down when they don't see a PC on their street or when a bobby can't attend a burglary which means we miss the context of the offence, the layout of the property, H2H enquiries etc, we miss the opportunity to cocoon around the location to reduce the chances of further burglaries.  What does all that matter when the government narrative doesn't change and ignores the personal effects of the cost cutting measures. 

• Like 4

I think this mite have its place in today's budget driven times. If it is being used for crimes where police don't have to attend but usual do, I think it will free up callsigns. The time alone spent driving from pointless call to pointless call will have a massive impact on the larger more rural stations. I would image that if it became clear that the physical presence of police is required then the person taking the Skype call could task them. Again I wouldn't like to think this would stop police from attending calls were evidence is likely to b gathered

Some of us can remember when all crimes were visited and investigated. If there were no positive lines they could be quickly filed. Until the crime scene has been visited then you do not know if there is any physical or forensic evidence. The public deserve better than a fourth class service.

• Like 2