Sign in to follow this  
Zulu 22

Ms May does not like the Police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34600290

Ms May really does not seem to have any love, or regard, for the Police Service according to her address to the Black Police Association conference. She actually claims that some forces have no ethnic officers, a fact which is clearly wrong.

If she ever wonders abo0ut the low morale within the Police service, nationwide, she only has to look in the mirror for the answer.

You would think that she could at least check her facts before she speaks. 

• Like 4

Wrong indeed, both Durham and Dyfid Powys have both said they have non White European officers. I have a feeling she is depending all to much on 'advisers' who clearly don't have the correct information and there are no checks being made to see if the information the provide is accurate.

Could the other two forces, Cheshire being one, (I cannot remember the other one) do not have people who wish to join? It isn't as if the recruiters can go out and press gang them with a Queens Shilling. The information provided by the media, and other sources of information and spouted by the ethnic minority organisations may be actually working against the people they are trying to 'protect'.

• Like 3

She is evil incarnate. My only hope is that she someday gets caught in a hands in the till situation that she can't wriggle out of & ends up disgraced & doing time. Of course her decimation of the police goes some way to seeing that her & her chums don't get investigated too deeply over their expense claim mistakes & the civilian investigators she is replacing officers with work for her company anyway. If all else fails she can have her mate Thomas the tank engine in his police impersonating uniform put the reigns on any forces that rise above their station.

So as to not go off subject too far, what are the percentages of non white, non heterosexual or female MPs & is it representative of the communities they serve?

• Like 2

While I would not go so far as to say she is `evil incarnate' I certainly believe she harbours a low opinion of the Police Service and has little regard for those who serve in it. I'm not a believer in karma but I have seen evidence that sometimes what goes around comes around and suspect that Ms May will eventually regret what she is doing to policing.

However, as I have said many times before police officers have done very little to combat what is happening to them at the hands of May and Co and many seem to continually play into the hands and cooperate with those who would destroy the Service, including diminishing their terms and conditions and pension rights. There is no doubt in my mind that May & Co took a chance when they commenced to attack the police regarding establishments and terms and conditions a few years back and were no doubt overjoyed when their gamble paid off and the police stood back and took it all on the chin.  

• Like 1

Actually it may be she has no opinion! She may have an agenda to cut the costs of the Home Office/Police service and is taking a very blinkered approach without considering the wider view. Politcian's are not well known for thinking outside of the box. Actually if she were to 'think' what damage was being done she wouldn't fulfil the agenda so she ploughs on regardless.

The same is happening with the Courts Service in the NE. They are closing even more down 'because of lack of use'. The problem is if you live in the same area that I do, the nearest Magistrates Court will be Peterlee. Supposing a defendant is on bail to report to the court at 10am, or indeed a witness and if they don't have private transport then this will mean several buses and a travelling time of up to 3 hours and going via Newcastle. Actually Petrlee is only about 25 miles away as the crow flies but the bus journey is around 50!

So if a defendant misses a connection and is late so  misses his bail time, he can hardly be found to be responsible. Conversly if a witness doesn't report at the court to give evidence, it isn't unknown for the CPS to discontinue the case without further thought why this happened. In either case hardly a situation where justice is served.

Wrong indeed, both Durham and Dyfid Powys have both said they have non White European officers. I have a feeling she is depending all to much on 'advisers' who clearly don't have the correct information and there are no checks being made to see if the information the provide is accurate.

Could the other two forces, Cheshire being one, (I cannot remember the other one) do not have people who wish to join? It isn't as if the recruiters can go out and press gang them with a Queens Shilling. The information provided by the media, and other sources of information and spouted by the ethnic minority organisations may be actually working against the people they are trying to 'protect'.

Cheshire certainly do have ethnic minority officers, who regard themselves as coloured. So much for diversity as even the Black Police Association refer to "Coloured" officers. All is not Black and White.

She has never thought that forces cannot employ coloured officers, as there is no recruiting at the moment until we get rid of experienced officers because they cost too much. 

Home Secretaries have fallen from grace i.e., Jackie Smith, and Jack Straw had a few skeletons.  Traditionally officers have been leaning towards the Conservatives, but those numbers are dwindling and she is losing valuable support.

North Yorkshire (the other force which I could not remember) have made a statement that they have 15 non white and 2 Asian officers so where on earth did MAY get those figures from. Absolutely incorrect information purveyed out to the general public and she should be severely castigated over the matter.

Is it not correct as well that in some parts of the country, and I can speak for Durham and North Yorkshire that the percentage of non white people in the population is a lot lower than say Luton or Manchester or London? So that may account for the low numbers that they are currently employing. She is relying on figures boosted by a certain amount of incorrect information and finished of by the use of smoke and mirrors. In other words LIES LIES and more LIES!

Has May lied?

Isn't this the sort of thing The Fed should be investigating rapidly and then shouting about if it's proven that she has lied?

It would take an email to 43 chairmen of each respective county Fed, who would then make a call/trip to their HR department, who would have that information to hand - pretty quickly I guess.  OR, if they are anything like the head of my Fed, would know all the coppers in the force...........

You'd think the PCCs would know the makeup of their forces too - and they should be coming out and saying whether May is right or not.

If I am found to have lied about something, I'd lose my job............should be the same with politicians..........

I digress.  May hates the police..........I firmly believe that she does, and it's high time that The Fed started taking up the challenge and dispelling lies spread about forces and coppers............

• Like 2

To be fair when the Federation say anything she decries them with 'Crying Wolf or Scare Mongering. It is about time that ALL the Chief Officers spoke up and shouted from the tree tops that she is wrong. The trouble is, that they have all become politicised and are more interested in climbing the slippery ladder for their own personal gain.

Edited by Zulu 22
  • Like 1

And of cause the Tory party is top heavy with black and ethnic politicians. Oh sorry they are aren't :blush:  :blush:

Though it could be argued that as we vote for the politicians, then it's our fault that there are no black and ethnic MPs. They don't vote themselves in.

Theresa May is just pandering to the BPA as they have a conference. Her facts are flawed as identified by others. The ironic thing to me is that the head of the BPA is not even a Police Officer so has absolutely no perception of what the role entails.

Though it could be argued that as we vote for the politicians, then it's our fault that there are no black and ethnic MPs. They don't vote themselves in.

It isn't the case of 'we don't vote them in' it is more of a case that they do not put themselves forward to be voted in. Or is it a case those who do think they could make a good job of it are not selected to be candidates. So where does that leave the Tory Party. At present they have very VERY few MP's of colour and the question must be asked.... why? Are they 'Institutionaly Racist'? A claim that they are all too often heard to spout off about the Police service. I am not going to make a claim either way becuase I don't know and the question has never been raised ........perhaps it should.......

Mrs May is constantly attacking the service over topics that have been aired time and time again almost to the point it is starting to get boring. Isn't it high time that someone somewhere started to fight back and issue a challenge for her to prove what she claims. Whatever she claims and is then contradicted, she will never agree that she could ...just be wrong..... It is time that someone started to fight back and fight back hard, that makes her reel from the impact.

• Like 1

There are 48 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this