Sign in to follow this  
Whisper

Tragic news from Merseyside

Mersetside PolFed have named the officer as

CQjPpBRWwAEXEfo.jpg
PC Dave Phillips. Murdered in the early hours of this morning. Married with two young children. @merpolfed

Mere words cannot adequately convey how the vast majority of people feel about this.

The thin blue line just got a little bit thinner. RIP

• Like 3

I have just seen, on Sky News, the happy family group of PC Dave Phillips, his wife and two daughters. I really don't know what to say - one life lost, three futures destroyed.

I saw the Merseyside PCC breakdown - she obviously feels deeply about their loss.

Saying  "May He Rest In Peace" seems so inadequate!

Heart-breaking!

• Like 1

May PC Phillips R.I.P. and condolences to his wife, 2 children and all his family. As is frequently said, 'there but for the grace of god go I'

• Like 1

When they get those responsible, I hope they treat them exactly as PACE requires, no more no less so there are no grounds for the scrote(s) to get off. Life in this case MUST mean life, a minimum term of 40 years would go a long way.

RIP Dave

• Like 3

Whoever was responsible - anybody holding their breath for justice to be served is wasting their time.

David died doing a job he obviously loved doing, and leaves two small children and a wife, who he obviously loved more.

Time, perhaps, for some soul-searching and reflection.

Whoever was responsible - anybody holding their breath for justice to be served is wasting their time.

David died doing a job he obviously loved doing, and leaves two small children and a wife, who he obviously loved more.

Time, perhaps, for some soul-searching and reflection.

Agreed.  The justice system in this country is a joke.  They'll be lucky if they do 5 years each inside, meanwhile Dave is gone and his family have a life sentence.  

In the absence of the death penalty, there should be mandatory life long sentences for murdering police officers' and children.  

• Like 1

I heard this on the radio in the car this afternoon. Good news indeed. Still it won't bring David back but let us hope that they get their just deserts.

There are 49 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this