Sign in to follow this  
OldAfricaHand

UK's Youngest Jihadist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3257843/I-won-t-glorify-Judge-refuses-Britain-s-youngest-jihadi-15-plotted-Anzac-Day-beheading.html

I have to say that my instincts suggest to me that a minimum 5 year sentence is not adequate and it may be a lot longer before this individual is no longer a threat to society. I also wonder whether he will be kept in sufficiently secure accommodation to ensure he cannot influence others in their teens.

One wonders what his parents were up to when he was formulating these ideas - obviously not monitoring what was going on! 

• Like 1

I have a friend in the prison service - and they reckon that they've got a real problem with young prisoners converting to Islam as a form of protection whilst inside, and as part of that conversion, they start to be radicalised..............

So.  This kid has been given life............so he'll serve 5 year minimum...........and won't come out while he's a danger to the rest of us.............so........I think he may well never come out........

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3257843/I-won-t-glorify-Judge-refuses-Britain-s-youngest-jihadi-15-plotted-Anzac-Day-beheading.html

I have to say that my instincts suggest to me that a minimum 5 year sentence is not adequate and it may be a lot longer before this individual is no longer a threat to society. I also wonder whether he will be kept in sufficiently secure accommodation to ensure he cannot influence others in their teens.

One wonders what his parents were up to when he was formulating these ideas - obviously not monitoring what was going on! 

Apparently he was on his computer in his bedroom during the night whilst his parents were asleep - or so they would like us to believe. I know if I were up during the night my parents would have soon be knocking on the door asking why I wasn't asleep.

• Like 3

Apparently he was on his computer in his bedroom during the night whilst his parents were asleep - or so they would like us to believe. I know if I were up during the night my parents would have soon be knocking on the door asking why I wasn't asleep.

I wonder if he comes from one of those immigrant families where the parents and other elders rely on the young people to interface with UK society because they (the parents etc) do not have sufficient language skills nor any real inclination to fit into UK society.

Perhaps I am being too judgemental here but I certainly recall that there were (and are) many such families in those areas where there are large concentrations of people from the sub-continent and beyond.

If you dare suggest that here they are defended with the shouts of Racist. The fact that it is true seems to pass them by.

If you dare suggest that here they are defended with the shouts of Racist. The fact that it is true seems to pass them by.

Maybe I am a racist - something I have always tried to avoid - but if I am, my racism is based not on skin-colour or culture but on refusal to accept the norms, standards and way-of-life of the United kingdom :unsure:

• Like 1

The pattern for jihad appears to be changing with more women and young people becoming involved.  To a certain extend I can understand how (but not why) a teenager can become enamoured with the IS cause as people of that age tend to be idealistic  and very black and white in their views and in this case that goes for the way the young man looked at his home country, law and order and military officials in general and the IS cause.