Sign in to follow this  
Jo1993

Surrey Police Staff Vetting

Good Afternoon,

I was offered a Police Staff position with Surrey at the end of July following an interview and am now waiting to start.

I was told the vetting would take between 6-8 weeks (which I instantly thought was crazy seeing as I already work for the Met and so not sure why it would need that long, but I appreciate they have to do it themselves...)

It has now been 8 weeks and I am yet to hear anything. I rang them the other day but the people working in recruitment only seem to know what it says on thier computer screens which is that it is currently with the vetting team... They are unable to give me any other updates

The most annoying thing is, is that I am so desperate to give in my notice and leave my current job and so I am now weighing up the options of just leaving and risking being unemployed for however long whilst Surrey finish thier vetting!!

Has anyone else had similar problems with vetting? Or anyone else who has gone through the vetting for a staff role and can let me know how long it took them?

Thanks

Jo

It's obviously something you need to take up with Surrey plod. It might have something to do with your current role; they hate the Met. :)

When I was applying to TVP they said vetting will take 8-12 weeks (WHAT?!) I had to wait almost 14 weeks before I was fully cleared. It seems like security clearing potential recruits/staff isn't anyone's main priority. I'm not sure if it's the same for Surrey but a lot (if not all) of the vetting is done by outside agencies.

Sign in to follow this