OldAfricaHand

Policing with pride?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3220322/Bobbie-beat-Footage-police-inspector-dancing-Footloose-Pride-parade-internet-sensation.html

I don't care that she is gay, I don't care that she likes dancing but I do care that a Police Inspector doesn't know that a group of people taking part in an event representing one organisation are a "contingent" and not a "contingency" - I just wonder how she copes with reviewing her officers' statements :tongue_cheek:

• Like 3

OAH. The text was written by a journalist so the error could be (probably was) down to that person not the Police Inspector.

OAH. The text was written by a journalist so the error could be (probably was) down to that person not the Police Inspector.

BR, I hope you are right but then that says as much about the journalists vocabulary ..................... I guess I'm just being a GOM :tongue_cheek:  :D

I wonder what would happen if someone organised a "Straight" parade.

It would not be allowed as it would block the centre of Manchester over the August Bank Holiday weekend - a particularly busy weekend in the city :tongue_cheek:

I wonder what would happen if someone organised a "Straight" parade.

They would probably be condemned for some form of sexual discrimination. 

• Like 2

They would probably be condemned for some form of sexual discrimination. 

That may not be the case, the 'other side' would be free to join in if they wish to! No ban = no discrimination!

Thankfully, living in the country like I do, I don't have to witness or be within sight or hearing of any parade of any description.

The only 'parade' I take any notice of is the Remembrance Parade.

• Like 3

That's it, blame the journos! ;)

Welcome back, we can cancel the All Ports Warning now!  We thought you had been abducted!

Ha! It's felt like it at times.

Good to see so many familiar posters are still here. :D

• Like 1

There are 4 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE