Grumpy2

Pension Challenge

For anyone who is not aware already, the founders of the Pension Challenge website have been in discussions with the same lawyers representing the judges who have agreed to take on our case based on age discrimination.  

The solicitors believe we have a good chance of success and have offered to take this up on a no win no fee basis.  If we win, there is likely to be a damages compensation award in addition to the reversal of the pension changes, which is where the solicitors would make their money.  If they don't win, they don't get anything, therefore they must be very confident we have a good case.  

Obviously, the more people involved in this group action the better and I would urge everyone to sign up to the website www.pensionchallenge.com and get reading.  Most of the information is on the closed facebook group and you can get access to that by sending a private message to "crosshairs" who will get you on it.  

If anyone is still sitting in hope that the Federation are going to take this forward, forget it, they have NO intention of doing so for reasons best known to themselves.  The only way we will have a chance at reversing the outright theft of our pensions is by getting involved in the aforementioned group action.  Obviously there are no guarantees that it will prove successful, but if it's being done on a no win no fee basis, you stand to lose nothing and could potentially recover the £10's of thousands that have been stolen from you by this Government.  

www.pensionchallenge.com

• Like 2

And the very best of luck to all affected, please keep us updated and anyone who hasn't signed up to support this please do so especially if you are one of those who has lost out!

• Like 1

I think the fact that the PFEW are reluctant to fund even 1 appeal speaks volumes, and without wanting to don a conspiracy theorists cap, there's a lot more to this than meets the eye. It's deep rooted, and I think the PFEW 40,000 march didn't do anyone any favours. Who ever thought the right to strike was a sensible argument. Lets just look across the board. The fire fighters pensions have also been attacked, and they do strike!

I don't think what's happening is right, but will anything change? I seriously doubt it and I wish those that are affected the very best of British.

• Like 1

Hats off to these guys for their work so far, but this is only the beginning of a long hard fight. High volume of support is now the key in what can be expected to be a costly but vital effort.

Hopefully now with the assistance of this forum, the organisers can shift up a gear in terms of publicity and the affected can unite and spread the word.

The feds will do nothing for us on this front FACT. Having been canvassing them since 2012 on every angle possible, i came 2 the conclusion some time ago I was urinating into a face on tornado.

Spread the word our only hope now is groups such as this and possibly FBU.

• Like 1

With regards to Cops getting together and funding their own challenge to the new pension, what happens to the PFEW if people do cancel their subs in droves? Where would they end up if they become financially bust? Oh sorry I forgot about the squirreled away funds, probably stacked next to the barrels of dry powder!

The www.PensionChallenge.com facebook group now has nearly 23000 members.  Keep spreading the word and do it quickly.  Because this is likely to go to an employment tribunal, time limits apply.  Don't miss the boat!!

Over 25,000 members now. The problem with things like this is keeping the momentum up. People lose interest and forget about it. I tried to get a few people on my team involved today. One had already joined the group and sent the email, one had no interest at all and the others seemed to have no idea what I was talking about

The solicitors believe we have a good chance of success and have offered to take this up on a no win no fee basis.  If we win, there is likely to be a damages compensation award in addition to the reversal of the pension changes, which is where the solicitors would make their money.  If they don't win, they don't get anything, therefore they must be very confident we have a good case.  

Unless they get 'leaned' on of course...... I would not put it past the 'powers that be' to muddy the waters a bit, or even quite a lot.

Over 30,000 now.

Whilst it doesn't actually affect me, having an interest in this type of thing and in the spirit of support, I have actually registered on the website and been added to the FB group. Though obviously I haven't filled in the questionnaire.

The level of support seems to be growing fast, it's a bit of shame that Feb bashing has become so prevalent and people are posting some seriously vitriolic comments (unwisely in my opinion) which detracts from the main point of the group.

Sad really. People should move on as that's what this challenge is all about.

Also just to clarify, no win no fee just means that if you don't win the case then you don't pay your own legal costs. However you still are liable for the other side's costs. In a court situation that would be considerable, however as I understand it this matter would be held in an ET which is considerably cheaper!

I shall follow it with interest.

Over 30,000 now.

Whilst it doesn't actually affect me, having an interest in this type of thing and in the spirit of support, I have actually registered on the website and been added to the FB group. Though obviously I haven't filled in the questionnaire.

The level of support seems to be growing fast, it's a bit of shame that Feb bashing has become so prevalent and people are posting some seriously vitriolic comments (unwisely in my opinion) which detracts from the main point of the group.

Sad really. People should move on as that's what this challenge is all about.

Also just to clarify, no win no fee just means that if you don't win the case then you don't pay your own legal costs. However you still are liable for the other side's costs. In a court situation that would be considerable, however as I understand it this matter would be held in an ET which is considerably cheaper!

I shall follow it with interest.

Cheese, I've been informed that Leigh Day will be taking out an insurance policy to cover the costs to the other side in the event of a loss.  The officers taking part in the challenge will therefore not be liable for any costs in that event.  

There are 561 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE