Sign in to follow this  
OldAfricaHand

Salford's Mister Big

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3175622/Father-five-businessman-dubbed-Mr-Big-parts-Manchester-shot-dead-garden-targeted-attack.html

It is a sad comment on British society when in the 2nd decade of the 21st century an acknowledged criminal can stand for elected office and get 5% of the  votes!

Hopefully, Salford will be a better place without this character - unless, of course, his killer plans to take his place.

• Like 1

It isn't unknown for a local druggy to piss off the wrong person/group of people from another part of the country, and then come to us because his life's been threatened.

And then we help/protect him.

Funny world.

There's always somebody 'bigger' than you are.  And eventually, your life will catch up with you.  Still.  We can't have murderers going about the place.........

• Like 1

It seems as if he had a damn good CV to be suitable to be a politician!

I think it's quite the opposite to be a politician, isn't it?!

Apparently tearful residents have been queuing up to pay their respects. The comments of the Det Super were presumably tongue-in-cheek.

It just highlights the thinking in Salford and the type of area. He was a millionaire, how. Protection and crime.

I think that it must have more criminals per square mile than almost anywhere in the country.

• Like 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3214201/Wreaths-shaped-like-cannabis-leaves-armed-police-standby-Crowds-line-streets-Salford-s-assassinated-Mr-Big-Paul-Massey

Obviously from the send-off, he was Salford's "Mr Big" (I do hope someone was videoing the event for posterity ;) ) I wonder who's taken his place :tongue_cheek:

Every time I see the title of this thread I think its about a second rate 'Mr Big' tribute band from Manchester of the type suited to a Phoenix Nights style club.

Well, he may have been called Mr. Big, but he wasn't big enough to resist the rounds from the murderers firearm was he. 'R.I.P.' mate (not) and remember, live by the sword, die by the sword.

• Like 1