Sign in to follow this  
OldAfricaHand

Lord Sewel

Whilst one cannot judge purely on the basis of an article in a Sunday newspaper, the possibility that Lord Sewel, the Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords, may have been acting in a manner inconsistent with his position in public life really puts the standards of politicians under the spotlight once more. It is interesting that Lord Sewel immediately resigned - very appropriate as he was the chairman of the standards committee in The Lords! 

I despair sometimes :tongue_cheek:  

I heard the report on Radio 4 this morning.................

Their reporter said something along the lines of "the girls involved appear to have been told where to steer the conversation (by The Sun) because they're not the sort of things that girls like that are interested in".  The way he said it was worse than that.........

Which I thought was an appalling generalism and slur..........

But, I digress.  Lord Sewell...............if he's behaved as is suggested.................whoops...........

• Like 1

I have a feeling that David Cameron will be heaving a sigh of relief , with Sewell (Or should it be sewer) is a Labour Peer and not one his own.

• Like 2

I have a feeling that David Cameron will be heaving a sigh of relief , with Sewell (Or should it be sewer) is a Labour Peer and not one his own.

As Sewel was a staunch Bliar supporter, he is really a closet Tory (as well as it appears a closet cross-dresser)  :tongue_cheek:

• Like 1