BIkerider

Another 'in depth' enquiry

Our favourite (not MP the dearly hated Theresa May has announce she is to to authorise a deeply probing inquiry into deaths in police custody. It sounds to me as if she is cow towing to a pressure group. The news showed images of a mixed race male on the ground following a Schizophrenic attack where he is face down and appears to have bindings around his legs and is handcuffed.  The coroner had commented on the excessive force used to restrain him after which he died. 

Having dealt with more than a few people who had similar attacks including epileptic ans schizophrenic it was always on my mind that to save the person from injuring himself, other passers by and more importantly myself and my colleagues they were always restrained in a similar fashion. Just what does the Coroner think the police should have done - obviously a person who has little grasp on the real world.

Yes there have been a large number of deaths in custody and a few officers appeared in court as a result, but none have been convicted. Possibly because either they were not guilty or there was insufficient (none) evidence. It sounds like a witch hunt promoted by the arch witch of them all

• Like 4

What about a probing and deep enquiry into M.P.'s and their corruption.  Every derath in Police custody is vigerously investigated by a body who are looking for a sacrificial lamb.  So far I am unaware of them finding any.

Most deaths in Police Custody are authors of their own misfortune.

• Like 3

The investigation was announced in Brixton close to where Sean Rigg was detained with one of his family present, so not predetermined or cow towing to the gallery at all.  I'm sure I also heard a quote on the radio today saying that May wasn't looking to use the report as a way of bashing the police, but I bet that is one of the main things which comes out of it. 

Yes there have been a large number of deaths in custody and a few officers appeared in court as a result, but none have been convicted. Possibly because either they were not guilty or there was insufficient (none) evidence. It sounds like a witch hunt promoted by the arch witch of them all

Has there REALLY been a LARGE number of  deaths in police custody? When you consider the number who have been unfortunate enough to die in police custody against the HUGE number of individuals who come into police custody every year and don't die I think the numbers are quite small.

When you further consider the lifestyles of a great many of those who are taken into police custody I think it might be reasonable to conclude that the Police Service does rather well in caring for those it incarcerates.  

• Like 3

The investigation was announced in Brixton close to where Sean Rigg was detained with one of his family present, so not predetermined or cow towing to the gallery at all.  I'm sure I also heard a quote on the radio today saying that May wasn't looking to use the report as a way of bashing the police, but I bet that is one of the main things which comes out of it. 

May would use a weather report to bash us if she could.

Any death in custody needs investigating - which is why they are................independently............so quite why 'we' need another one to go over investigations that have already happened is..........?

• Like 3

Has there REALLY been a LARGE number of  deaths in police custody? When you consider the number who have been unfortunate enough to die in police custody against the HUGE number of individuals who come into police custody every year and don't die I think the numbers are quite small.

When you further consider the lifestyles of a great many of those who are taken into police custody I think it might be reasonable to conclude that the Police Service does rather well in caring for those it incarcerates.  

I would like to know how many people have died in hospital A & E as the result of alcohol/drug, mental health issues or other  abuse over the same period.  How many mental health patients have been discharged and then gone on to murder, or have been discharged and taken their own lives. :angry: 

• Like 4

As the subject of an in-depth inquiry, I would like to know how many corrupt politicians have not been prosecuted for their corrupt practices in relationship to obtaining money from taxpayers for improper expenses and the reasons that such individuals have not been prosecuted. :tongue_cheek:

• Like 2

People in this country need to cast an eye oversees occasionally, just to remind themselves that their Police service is far from ideal, but its the best there is.

Would they like to swap with one perhaps across the Atlantic?

I doubt it...

• Like 2

There is another to get their teeth into today in Northumbria force area.

Locked up and in a custody cell when he became ill.  Paramedics called but died in Hospital. No information given out for the death.

I would like to know how many people have died in hospital A & E as the result of alcohol/drug, mental health issues or other  abuse over the same period.  How many mental health patients have been discharged and then gone on to murder, or have been discharged and taken their own lives. :angry:

Completely agree with this. Before anyone says but yes ill people go to hospital I think we can balance that with recognizance that a) many of the A and E patients are the same client group that we have and B) A and E at least have the tools and expertise to treat ill people. This is not a criticism of A and E by the way who do a great job in ridiculous circumstances; simply making the point that as per usual are we being highlighted negatively.  

• Like 3