Sign in to follow this  
careerlid

Voice of Reason?

The woman is living in a fantasy world talking of the possibility of losing perhaps another 35,000 officers. I agree that beat officers are needed but you cannot do that with cuts. When cuts come in they manifest themselves at street level. Lions being led by donkey's.

• Like 1

"We surely have to move away from a model where a constable with six years service is paid the same, whether they have numerous accredited skills and significant expertise or not," she said.

Tom tried this and got nowhere close. Don't even get me started on this again.

The woman is living in a fantasy world talking of the possibility of losing perhaps another 35,000 officers. I agree that beat officers are needed but you cannot do that with cuts. When cuts come in they manifest themselves at street level. Lions being led by donkey's.

We are heading towards a situation where forces follow one of two distinct models with forces being faced with the choice of either response or neighbourhood.

We are heading towards a situation where forces follow one of two distinct models with forces being faced with the choice of either response or neighbourhood.

Forces should not be placed in that position. I once did a report setting up Neighbourhood scheme which was monitored by the home office. The report made it clear that Neighbourhood could only succeed if it was on top of normal Policing, and the Home Office agreed. Strange how they now think we can get more for less.

• Like 2

Forces should not be placed in that position. I once did a report setting up Neighbourhood scheme which was monitored by the home office. The report made it clear that Neighbourhood could only succeed if it was on top of normal Policing, and the Home Office agreed. Strange how they now think we can get more for less.

But unfortunately HMG doesn't recognise that forces are being forced into choosing one over the other.  It doesn't help when you have PCCs such as the man from Essex who says that neighbourhood policing is dead with little to contribute as future threats are going to be on the WWW.  Somehow I don't think he's met Mrs Miggins from Acacia Avenue who loves seeing her local beat bobby and seeing him or he deal with ASB etc.

• Like 1

But unfortunately HMG doesn't recognise that forces are being forced into choosing one over the other.  It doesn't help when you have PCCs such as the man from Essex who says that neighbourhood policing is dead with little to contribute as future threats are going to be on the WWW.  Somehow I don't think he's met Mrs Miggins from Acacia Avenue who loves seeing her local beat bobby and seeing him or he deal with ASB etc.

Sky. I could not agree more. HM Government, of whatever colour, run the Home Office, but they change their minds with the wind. It seems that anyone without any experience of street policing, at the sharp end are welcomed to ruin British Policing.

• Like 1