Sign in to follow this  
IveToldYouOnce

Everybody's a (not so smooth) criminal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33566933/ripping-music-and-films-illegal-again-after-high-court-overturns-new-law

Well, ok, not everybody.  But if you've bought a CD (how old-fashioned of you), and transferred the music from that onto a MP3 (other standards are available) to listen to while you're in the car, or on the way to work, or at the gym, or wherever, then you're a crim.

The musicians want more money off you...........

You'd think what they'd want is for you to listen to their music, that you just paid for, as much as possible, so that you'd want to buy more of their music...........

Obviously catching somebody listening to music on the go shouldn't be too difficult........no.........wait..........

• Like 2

Not sure I should admit to this, what with all the historic investigations ongoing........but I used to tape music from my transistor radio. Radio Caroline and Luxembourg. Timing it to miss the DJ's comments became a true art!

• Like 2

I remember as a kid in the 70's being really concerned when my Dad told my Mum that we didn't have a recording licence as I was convinced he'd end up getting arrested.  I'm pretty sure one was needed until the mid 80's in order to make copies of your own music.