Sign in to follow this  
Maverick22

HMIC

I tend to agree with Zulu. The Home Office is one place that vetting should be water-tight and then some. Beyond reproach comes to mind. I had to undergo  positive vetting whilst I was in the Army and although they had all the information I gave them, they made personal visits to my family and friends as well as background checks. (This was in 1976)

Do they not go as deep as this nowadays, if not then they need to buck their ideas up abd be quick about it.

I assume this creature was shown the door and given his P45.

They didn't have the internet back in 1976, so would have had to visit family and friends which I guess means they have become lazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He wasn't exactly subtle about his double life given that he was prone to giving TV interviews in his other role.  

I tend to agree with Zulu. The Home Office is one place that vetting should be water-tight and then some. Beyond reproach comes to mind. I had to undergo  positive vetting whilst I was in the Army and although they had all the information I gave them, they made personal visits to my family and friends as well as background checks. (This was in 1976)

Do they not go as deep as this nowadays, if not then they need to buck their ideas up abd be quick about it.

I assume this creature was shown the door and given his P45.

I think the article says he resigned from the HO last year.

If I was a cynic, I would suspect that HMIC was seeking to be diverse and so having the odd doubtful person on board wasn't really a problem for them :tongue_cheek: Or else, the HR unit cocked up the recruitment process and someone there (its head) should be seeking a new position. Mind you, in the old days" what we would have done is immediately go through the whole lot of the associated staff and confirm their backgrounds were not shady "just in case' someone else ha slipped through!Still that's probably not allowed these days in order to protect Humin Rights!

• Like 1