Sign in to follow this  
Adazrambo

Application

Hello all.

Been pondering over the idea of applying to be a Special in my spare time for a few years now (work full time in an IT role and no criminal convictions) - looking to join North Wales Police but wanted to clear one thing up before bracing myself for disappointment.

On the application form it says you can type up your answers via word. Can anyone clarify this? Reason I ask is, although my grammar & spelling are ok my handwriting is atrocious. I am not sure if this is because I am left handed but I personally feel quite self conscious about it and wasn't sure if this would scupper my chances.

Many Thanks

If it says you can use word then use word, but of you want to be more sure call the HR department.  As for handwriting and grammar being atrocious,you'll be in good company.  I've tutored a few students who had poor language skills and they all got through OK, albeit with a few comments from me explaining their statements to other PCs...

Seriously? When I applied Word never even existed, and all applications were handwritten.  I am also left handed and all have bad handwriting. However, I took my time and made it as neat as I could. I took a couple of blank photocopies of the form and had a couple of go's until I was absolutely happy with it.

With all due respect, and in all seriousness, did this not occur to you? I blame internet forums.......

Just my tuppence worth, but as part of my SC joining process, it meant handwriting a statement that was played out on a cassette player.

I was informed they assess your handwriting (for legibility), spelling, grammar, errors in the text etc, so don't want to put you off, but could be worth practicing, if possible improving your handwriting to give yourself the best chance at this early stage?

Sign in to follow this