Sign in to follow this  
rikshawallah

Insure your Lawn Mower!!!

Fantastic news.  About time mobility scooters needed insurance.

Bicycles should have it too.  And helmets for bike riders should be mandatory for the same reason that seatbelts are.

Quite why EU law's definition of a motor vehicle should override the UK's is something to consider.........they just can't leave anything alone can they?

• Like 2

Just another good reason to tell the Echo Uniform to Foxtrot Oscar and any jobsworth peering over the garden fence to Papa Oscar.:smile:

• Like 2

Perhaps kids with electric remote control cars should be insured too. I may also have to get a pilots licence for my iPad controlled helicopter.

Fair enough with the scooters. But examine the detail and you will see that 'pedestrian controlled petrol driven lawn mowers' are also included. As well as sit on mowers.

Unworkable.

I've had 18 tonnes of 'Celtic Grey' gravel where my lawn used to be. No more mowing - fantastic! I just knew when I did it 12 years ago that the EU would be trying something like this. How about that for advanced planning and clairvoyance.

• Like 1

I've had 18 tonnes of 'Celtic Grey' gravel where my lawn used to be. No more mowing - fantastic! I just knew when I did it 12 years ago that the EU would be trying something like this. How about that for advanced planning and clairvoyance.

We did that at our last place, local cats loved it, giant litter tray...... ;)