GreatOdinsBeard

Special Constabulary Guidance

Hi all,

I'm a 21yo male who plans on applying to the special constabulary for the BTP at some point in the future. Last April, I received a Community Resolution Order for damages (after following some stupid advice). I have no convictions, cautions, arrests, reprimands or financial issues, and my criminal record is completely clean.

Will the CRO bar me from applying to become a constable, given it was one stupid little error and I have no other offences? Does the Special Constabulary allow you to explain any order you have been given to make a decision based on that?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by GreatOdinsBeard

I deal with this a fair bit working with young offenders.It will show up on the (fairly)new disclosure and barring services forms which replaced CRB checks.It is the smallest out of court disposal but could still come back to haunt you.I used to interview prospective specials in my old role up to 6 years ago.I would personaly do all the checks myself.If anything came back of a minor nature.I would refer it back to the chief insp for a decision.Who would usually decline.That said I tutored a regular who had an adult caution for common assault.

Good luck with it and sorry I can't give you a direct yes/no answer.I would contact recruitment ( bearing in mind they wouldn't want an explanation ..that would come later if they chose to accept your application.

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.