Sign in to follow this  
shipscat17

Serving Officer - Help needed

Hi,

I've been an avid reader of these forums for a good while.

Picard 999 - Your knowledge and insight into the pension changes, CS, winsor, etc. has been an enormous source of information at a time when official information has been rather sparse !! I read the updates on the pension age thread every day. As a bobby with 13 years in, I am particularly shafted and look in the forum for that glimmer of hope (yeah..right!!).

Nicop - I love your enthusiasm and pray that Sec 2 challenge will come.

Like most of you, I've been bowled over the lack of information (and in some cases opinion) that colleagues have about the changes and refer many to this forum for advice. Many are shocked when then (belatedly) find out what awaits.

Can I ask a favour of you all. I am doing a dissertation based on the changes to the Police, in particular around direct entry. Part of the dissertaion that is of key importance is sampling the views of Officers (serving and retired). Would you be able to help me by completing a very quick survey which takes 30 seconds to complete. It'd really help me with the dissertation and I'd be enormously grateful. I'm trying to work out if Cops with military experience have a different view than that of non-military.

The link is https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QJMG2BZ

Thanks again for your help and have a great new year.

Mike

Normally not a fan of this sort of caper

But, you are a serving bobby

It is a hot topic of interest, actually and politically

And it was well worth 60 seconds of my time

I'm sure you are already hooked-in, but consider linking in with COP - they are usually happy to help and may even put you in touch with a direct entrant to share their experiences

Specific force recruitment and training departments will also be happy to help

Consider POLKA too - evidence based policing gets them very excited

Let us know how you go and good luck!

Thanks Picard999, I really appreciate your help. I've used POLKA quite a bit so far as it makes referencing a lot easier. Your idea of speaking with a direct entrant is a good one. I suspect our views on direct entry will be very similar as our views on winsor, pension changes and the need for communication are definitely the same.

Thanks again and I'm going to try and become a more avid poster.

Just checked and had 12 responses already, made up guys, thanks for your help and keep the coming. Thanks archermav. Also really like the comments people are leaving which mirror my views and are devastatingly accurate (including "the job's f.....).

• Like 1

Done.

Also consider joining the National Police Library, it's free and details can be found on the CoP website.  They really are very good.

Shipscat. I've completed your survey, amended the title of the thread (it used to say serving office rather than officer) and moved the thread to where all the other dissertation threads go.