Guybrush

Trainee Communications Operator...

Hi All,

I've got an assessment soon for the above role.  Has anyone got any tips or advise of how to practice:

1) extracting information from call logs to answer relative questions

and

2)  completing incident reports - where do I find one of those?

The copy typing seems to be OK as I can do nearly 60 wpm where the pass mark is 30.

Thanks in advance.

Guybrush

Surely those things you have highlighted are part of the job description rather than part of the interview process ? So without having the job you will not be able to do them. No police force in the UK is going to give you a call log to read.

Well that's what I thought.  I'm quoting from the confirmation email I had to confirm my attendance at an assessment and if I pass that - then I get an interview.  Oh well, I'll find out soon...

I suspect you'll be given an example or two to read and then summarise the salient points - start with What? Where? When? Who? That's pretty much what the chaps on the other end of the radio will need first, followed by 'are they still there' and 'which way did they go'.  

Try summarising the plot of Romeo and Juliet into a short message for transmission to the unit going to the suspicious death at the end - just the bits they need.