Sign in to follow this  
misbahg

psychology dissertation

I started to complete this as my role is to work with mental health services and users on a daily basis. I stopped on the second page which is very loaded to elicit strong adverse reactions and full of stereotypical questions. I think you need to look at the question set and rewrite it so it doesn't look like you are saying all police officers dismiss people suffering from illness and feel it is ok to be brutal towards them!

I accept the facility to disagree is there but the questions are entirely negative.

• Like 1

Having completed the survey, I would agree with Whisper. From section 2 right to the end, the questions are poorly written and loaded towards negative responses. The survey really needs to be taken offline and re-worded. I think most people with the slightest compassion for anyone with a mental illness I'll get to section 2 then leave.

I started to complete this as my role is to work with mental health services and users on a daily basis. I stopped on the second page which is very loaded to elicit strong adverse reactions and full of stereotypical questions. I think you need to look at the question set and rewrite it so it doesn't look like you are saying all police officers dismiss people suffering from illness and feel it is ok to be brutal towards them!

I accept the facility to disagree is there but the questions are entirely negative.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I've given the exact same questionnaire to people who work with the mentally ill as well as the general population. I've just removed the word 'police officer' to 'mental health worker' or 'general population'. I did try and be fair. The rest of the questionnaire are just scales used from previous research

I hope you can finish it, it'll be nice to get a females perspective. So far all participants are male

If you'll rather have the questionnaire for mental health workers. I can give that

I'm a police officer, so no thanks. I won't complete it in its current guise for the reasons already stated. In my experience questions that appear weighted do not reflect well.

Having completed the survey, I would agree with Whisper. From section 2 right to the end, the questions are poorly written and loaded towards negative responses. The survey really needs to be taken offline and re-worded. I think most people with the slightest compassion for anyone with a mental illness I'll get to section 2 then leave.

Hi, thanks for completing the questionnaire. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I didn't target them to a more negative response, I used accredited scales. But I am going to ask my supervisor, I don't know how else to overcome the issue

I'm a police officer, so no thanks. I won't complete it in its current guise for the reasons already stated. In my experience questions that appear weighted do not reflect well.

Alright, I'm going to look into trying to make the questions more fairer. I'll have to speak to my supervisor about the best way to do it, and see what she says. Sorry you felt that way.