mrunhappy14

Vetting appeal dismissed

Hi everyone

I'm new here but would like to ask the forum for some clarification on my failed vetting for a position with TVP.

For clarification, I failed, appealed and this was dismissed.

I'm an ex Police Officer, left in 2012 with an Exemplary Conduct certificate from my CC. I've applied to Join TVP as a financial Investigator and have had my vetting appeal dismissed without a reason. I understand due to the DPA that they can't tell you why you've failed but I can tell the forum I have no debts, no balances on my credit cards, no criminal convictions and have a decent bank balance.

I do have a family member that recently signed ViSOR for 2 years, and was cautioned for an offence. He's a close family member but i did disclose everything about him on the vetting form.

Does the forum believe he has cost me my new job with TVP? :-(

We are happy for this topic to continue providing you read and understand the below.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Our standard disclaimer: This forum is not intended as a legal advice drop-in centre. The forum disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material on this site, including - but not limited to - any documents available for download.

Please note that comments and advice given here with the best of intentions by the host, moderators or other users of the forum may not be correct, and that any advice given, in particular advice on the law and its application, is no substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor.

On 13/09/2014 at 7:09 PM, mrunhappy14 said:

Hi everyone

I'm new here but would like to ask the forum for some clarification on my failed vetting for a position with TVP.

For clarification, I failed, appealed and this was dismissed.

I'm an ex Police Officer, left in 2012 with an Exemplary Conduct certificate from my CC. I've applied to Join TVP as a financial Investigator and have had my vetting appeal dismissed without a reason. I understand due to the DPA that they can't tell you why you've failed but I can tell the forum I have no debts, no balances on my credit cards, no criminal convictions and have a decent bank balance.

I do have a family member that recently signed ViSOR for 2 years, and was cautioned for an offence. He's a close family member but i did disclose everything about him on the vetting form.

Does the forum believe he has cost me my new job with TVP? :-(

He possibly has, however you should also review your online life as that more often than not throws up issues. 

• Like 1

Could you expand on that? Do you mean activity on social media websites such as Facebook or something else ? Thanks.