Jo1993

Communications Officer - April 2014

Hi,

I had an assessment day and interview for the role of a Communications Officer back in April with the Metropolitan Police. Having been successful on the day (April 5th, 2014), they offered me the job there and I was soon filling out security forms etc.

It's now been over 2 months and I haven't heard a thing about a start date!!! I'm sure this isn't an uncommon thing but I was just wondering whether anyone has been in a similar position and has an idea of when I will hear from them about a start date and how long I'm likely to be waiting for?!

I've tried sending an email in the past about a start date but got no response

Thanks for any help,

Jo 

Welcome to the forum Jo.  I'm not aware of this topic cropping up here previously in relation to that role.  I would suggest making a phone call.

Hi Jo,

I too was at the interviews (5th April) and was also successful and am in the same situation as you, having received my provisional offer on 21st May . I think we just have to be patient and keep checking our emails. I think it will be an email? let me know if you hear anything and likewise, I will leave a post on here for you.

Also, there is only a number for HR.

Corena.

Hi there,

I have applied for May 2014 intake. Now awaiting vetting. Have you had any news so far on a start date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

I too had an email back in May around the 22nd with an official job offer but haven't heard anything since then!

I'm in a rather annoying situation as I've recently graduated from University and can't afford to just be sitting around for another 6 months or so not earning any money! I would love a rough idea of a start date so I know whether to find temporary/part-time work.....I recently accepted a part-time at my local Costa Coffee but fear I may be leaving in a matter of weeks! Not fair on myself or Costa.

Lets keep each other updated on the post/feed.

Speak soon

Jo 

Hey Jo. Good to hear from you on your status of application. That's crazy that you haven't started yet! I actually only applied end of May, so I'm only going through vetting now.

Have you gone through all that yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. I too had my assessment day and interview on Saturday 5th April. I passed this and had my medical 2 weeks later. I sent off my vetting security forms that Saturday evening. On 21st May I received my offer letter for the job. It sounds we are all in the same boat. I did receive a call from the vetting office around 3weeks ago wanting to clarify a few points. I was told all the internal checks have been done and they are now awaiting to receive back all the external checks. It can't be any longer surely. I have 2 holidays coming up and I'm worried my training dates will fall in to these periods.

I'm not too sure what they meant by external checks. They check everything about you and your family, your finances - everything - with a fine tooth comb!

They said I was awaiting for just 2 external checks to come back but it's all progressing and well under way.

My place of work have received nothing yet. On the 21st May they requested my work details and fax number however nothing has come through to them yet. I'd imagine it can't be any longer now as they say that the vetting process can take between 6-12 weeks depending on the individual. I'm slightly over now so it must be coming to an end.

That's surprising that your work hasn't received anything. It really can't be any longer now. I'm dreading the wait as I've only just given in my vetting forms over the weekend

The waiting game can become very tedious and annoying at times but just hang on in there. I sent mine 15weeks ago! Everyday I log on to my emails hoping for some news but nothing yet :(

I'm already checking my emails all the time ha. My partner is a PC, so I'm familiar with the waiting game. I've noticed though, that most are in the same 'waiting game' position for Comms Officer. I haven't seen or heard anything where the April/May intake have started. Have you seen or heard anything?

My partner works in the Dog Section for the Met but is even more surprised I've heard nothing yet. From what I have seen online (and that's not much), yes were all in the same boat.

Paid Membership Required

There are 29 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.