Sign in to follow this  
Maverick22

Gargan suspended

Most men 'have an eye for the ladies' and most women 'have an eye for the men'.

It's how we start to seek out persons of the opposite sex and begin down the road to procreation.

He's innocent until proven otherwise.......

• Like 1

I was told that he had been pestering a female PC in leics in the late 80s early 90s. The 'victim' told me this herself!

Never liked Gargan...smarmy!

Surprising Daily Wail article, it never mentioned the price of his house!?

Anyway, I liked the bloke in the dealings I had with him. Prepared to listen and made decisions. He never came on to me, but then I'm probably not his type. 

Sue Mountstevens is clearly a force (pardon the pun) to be reckoned with. Though she binned their last Chief so she must be responsible for Gargan's appointment.

Sue Mountstevens is clearly a force (pardon the pun) to be reckoned with. Though she binned their last Chief so she must be responsible for Gargan's appointment.

She was.

article-0-16290B0A000005DC-287_634x408.j_65160319_65160318.jpgSue Mounstevens said: “He is an inspirational leader. You can see from his past record and how well he’s done; he’s operationally very sound, 20 years of operational knowledge and being the chief exec and chief constable of the National Police Improvement Agency – you can see he has real depth.”   Not just in policing.

Its strange how both the Telegraph and Mail stories are almost exactly the same apart from the obligatory quote from an 'insider close to the incident' in the Mail from someone claiming that Gargan likes women!  It sounds suspiciously like both stories came from the same press release so no sign of any work or investigation by any journalists! 

I have no idea if these allegations are true or not but if I was a serving make officer in today's Police Service I would be cautious in the extreme when dealing or communicating with female members of staff and would restrict contact with them to a `strictly business'  level to try, as much as humanly possible, to ensure that there was no margin for misunderstanding of circumstances or misinterpretation of something said.

The free and easy situation which existed during my service clearly exists no more and while I always had the greatest of respect for the vast majority of my female colleagues I have to say that I think a pinch of paranoia can be useful in the area of self preservation.

Right.  So the 'best' solution is to not get to know any of your colleagues from the sex of your choice, in case you find them so attractive that you ask them out?

Hmmmmmmm.

But hey, my opinion counts for f**k all.  I don't know why I bother.

Is this the same CC whom recently had the temerity to speak out against police bashing by certain sections of society thereby not following the HMG plot line. Of course not being a conspiracy theorist there will not be any connection with that.  

• Like 2

Surprising Daily Wail article, it never mentioned the price of his house!?

Anyway, I liked the bloke in the dealings I had with him. Prepared to listen and made decisions. He never came on to me, but then I'm probably not his type. 

You are probably too old for him RM. :D  :D893485658.jpg

I'd just like to add my tuppence worth.....

Nick GARGAN was an approachable, level headed boss with a sense of humour. No idea what he was like in private life but I found him to be a great boss.

Good luck to him in the forthcoming maelstrom!

Right.  So the 'best' solution is to not get to know any of your colleagues from the sex of your choice, in case you find them so attractive that you ask them out?

Hmmmmmmm.

But hey, my opinion counts for f**k all.  I don't know why I bother.

To be honest, I suspect if I was still serving I would be very wary about developing any type of relationship, other than a work related one, with a fellow employee of my sexual choice. The world is changing and if you wish to survive it would appear that, nowadays, you have to take precautions that were not so necessary in my time.

• Like 1

There are 23 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this