Sign in to follow this  
kvnelson*

Assistance needed for research in police stress and well-being

Hello All, 

I am a PhD student in the School of Psychology at Cardiff University and I am inviting police officers in the UK to take part in my research on police stress, well-being, and attitudes. The research targets UK police officers between the ranks of constable to inspector.

The study should take approximately 30 minutes to complete and all parts of the survey are optional which means you can choose not to answer questions that you are uncomfortable with. Your participation in this study would be greatly appreciated but your participation is entirely voluntary. In appreciation of your participation, each participant will be entered into a prize draw and have the chance to win a prize worth £100.

Ethical approval for this research has been granted by the School of Psychology at Cardiff University. All information provided is anonymous and will be held confidential. My contact information is included in the survey should you have any queries or require additional information.

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to take part in this research.

Please click on the link below: 

https://cardiffunipsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8c9Siycp3aCiqJn

Best wishes, 

Kenisha Nelson

I recognise the questions on integrity from the previous study which was reported in some newspapers last year, there are a couple of parts of your survey which are a little difficult to answer though.... One question asks if a use of force by police can be very educational to the public. I really don't understand what that is asking me.

Also, demotion has not been a potential misconduct outcome for a few years now- I think it was scrapped when the regulations were updated in 2008.

The subject is very interesting though, I hope you get some useful data from it.