Sign in to follow this  
craig01827

Derbyshire PCSO Recruitment

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the BMI standards are for Derbyshire PCSO's? Also what is involved with the medical?

I have got my medical in 6 weeks, but I am nervous about it. I got to the medical stage for West Mids specials a couple of years ago but failed as my BMI was too high. Since then I have lost weight, but I was wondering what else is involved in the medical?

Many thanks for your help!

Craig

I have just had a Non Employment medical and the was told by the Practice Nurse that BMI that is considered ideal is between 30 and 25, the lower the better.  Does that help?

This above is an American scale and does NOT compare with the BMI chart that I was shown at the Dr's Surgery earlier this week. I also understand that BMI has to some degree been misunderstood and misrepresented and can be interpreted in different ways. It does not take into account muscle content, (as opposed to fat) height, or the persons age. Muscle is heavier than fat and would give a disproportionate assessment. Nor does that scale account for gender differences.

Nothing has been mentioned on BMI so far, plus like I said, I've passed my fitness test, so I'm not TOO worries about that.

It's more, I don't know what else to expect from the medical. Will there be a drop and cough?! haha

Hi Craig how did you go with it all?

I have got into the second round of recruitment for this position in Derby.... so have my fitness test coming up...

Was wondering how it went for you, I'm finding that I'm getting increasingly nervous as I have trained but weigh 40kg knowing that I will have to push and pull effectively my body weight.... any tips or advice?

Cheers!

Sign in to follow this