Institute of Criminal Justice Studies

University of Portsmouth

Room 5.32 St George's Building

141 High Street

Portsmouth

PO1 2HY

The Reporting of Police Corruption & Misconduct

I would like to invite you to take part in my research study by completing an online survey  questionnaire. The study is an exploration of the "Blue Code of Silence", which is the theory that police personnel are reluctant to report their colleagues' corruption or misconduct.

This research study forms part of my MSc Counter Fraud and Counter Corruption Studies degree. You have been identified as a potential respondent through social and professional networks. I am contacting you in the capacity of a student researcher. It is entirely up to you whether you participate, your choice will have no impact, either positive or negative, on any working relationship we might have, but your response would be valued. All parts of the questionnaire are optional.

Please click here to access the questionnaire.

Thank you for your interest.

Researcher: Stuart Morishita Dubois

Academic Supervisor: Dr Martin Tunley Tel: 02392 843986

Can I suggest you change the main thesis of your quest to one looking at corruption and misconduct amongst our Members of Parliament. You will find it has a bigger field to work from.

• Like 2

Institute of Criminal Justice Studies

University of Portsmouth

Room 5.32 St George's Building

141 High Street

Portsmouth

PO1 2HY

The Reporting of Police Corruption & Misconduct

I would like to invite you to take part in my research study by completing an online survey  questionnaire. The study is an exploration of the "Blue Code of Silence", which is the theory that police personnel are reluctant to report their colleagues' corruption or misconduct.

This research study forms part of my MSc Counter Fraud and Counter Corruption Studies degree. You have been identified as a potential respondent through social and professional networks. I am contacting you in the capacity of a student researcher. It is entirely up to you whether you participate, your choice will have no impact, either positive or negative, on any working relationship we might have, but your response would be valued. All parts of the questionnaire are optional.

Please click here to access the questionnaire.

Thank you for your interest.

Researcher: Stuart Morishita Dubois

Academic Supervisor: Dr Martin Tunley Tel: 02392 843986

If you have already completed the questionnaire; then please accept my thanks, if not; the link will be open for another two weeks and your response would be valued.

I'll only do it if I find a plain brown envelope in my tray stuffed with wads of used unmarked notes, within the next 2 days. 

Edited by careerlid