Maverick22

Pleb man / Plebgate

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10318079/And-still-Andrew-Mitchell-waits-for-justice.html   -  So Dan Hodges knows everything about this case, he knows Mitchell is totally innocent, except that he is a pompous, arrogant man, who swore at Police, lied to start with, then admitted it.  I don't believe for one minute that Mitchell lost much sleep over the incident, he is too pompous to worry about it.  

I just hope that the whole incident doesn't leave the Met with 'egg on their face'.  Bernard Hogan-Howe did eventually, after some considerable time come out in support of his men, but it took him long enough.

If the Mets had rushed this enquiry there would have been an outcry from MP's if something had been missed, now certain members are crowing because of the length of time taken. If you do a job, do it properly.

It does seem a bit over the top that they need to interview 800 officers from the Diplomatic Corps when only a small handfull were involved.

Similarly I don't give a toss.  Had he said that to me I would have ignored the "Pleb" jibe but woukld have taken exception to his foul mouthed rant.  Or perhaps this is the accepted language in Diplomatic circles. :wacko: 

He was only trying to be a "man of the people", and speaking the supposed language of the people. Even more out of touch than the rest of the government.

I have a really bad feeling about this. The press will have a field day if Mitchell is cleared. I don't have anymore evidence than what is in the public domain, but with the fake email and the non existent tourists at the gate, on the balance of probability I would believe Mitchell.

Probably the reason they have not produced a report or any findings on it, is because they have said he is guilty and the government has stopped it from being published until the Met come to the correct conclusion....... ie innocent!

I have a really bad feeling about this. The press will have a field day if Mitchell is cleared. I don't have anymore evidence than what is in the public domain, but with the fake email and the non existent tourists at the gate, on the balance of probability I would believe Mitchell.

Really, I saw tourists walking past on the footage I saw!

• Like 2

Does anyone believe that Mitchell and all his pals, who are speaking out, will allow a guilty conclusion that he was to blame 100%........ So what is the point in the report. If they don't find a PC guilty he will not be happy!

• Like 2

Seems a few 'big guns' are coming out of the woodwork to defend Mitchell.  Couple of days ago the ex Director of Public Prosecutions, Lord Macdonald was on the tv.  Very cagey in his words, as you would expect from a QC, but basically he intimated that Mitchell was a thoroughly decent chap, and innocent,and the police colluded in their evidence. Following day he pops up in the Times with the headline  "A missile is heading straight for the heart of the Metropolitan Police over its role in the the Plebgate scandal, a former DPP warns today.  In a scathing attack on Britain’s biggest police force, Lord Macdonald, QC, savages the Met’s “outrageous” handling of the affair."

When you see politicians/senior civil servants sticking their heads over the parapet like this, it gives me a funny feeling that they have a whiff of what will be announced and band wagon jumping comes to mind.

Does anyone believe that Mitchell and all his pals, who are speaking out, will allow a guilty conclusion that he was to blame 100%........ So what is the point in the report. If they don't find a PC guilty he will not be happy!

No matter what the truth of the matter, I think it almost inevitable there will be a sacrificial lamb on offer before long.

Recent events over the past few years have indicated to HMG that the Police Service will make its way to the abattoir with only a muffled bleat of protest.     

• Like 2

No doubt some MP's will be calling for Bernard Hopeless-Howe leading the way.   Has he actually done anything to improve the Met since he was

appointed as Ms Mays Lapdog.  Talking to Met officers it doesn't seem to have improved since Blair departed in any shape or form.

If Mitchell was 'fitted up' i.e officer not even present and no tourists to be offended then who ever did the fitting up deserves sanctions. Even if it was Hitler or the two who murdered Lee Rigby falsifying evidence is wrong in any circumstances.

Or do people still 'guild the lily' as Life on Mars lead us to believe.

Too many "honest" accounts flying about which contradict each other. I just hope the truth will out and we can put any demons to bed.

I think we all fall foul of the dishonesty of some of the MPs and in particular at the time Huhne was insisting his "innocence" in the press.

There are 599 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE