Sign in to follow this  
Maverick22

Overweight \Cops

The Mail should only be used in emergencies to clean the area of the body most reflective of the writers!

If the job wants its Police to thin down they could re - open all the canteens THEY closed and maintain gym equipment and encourage all the sports teams/clubs/competitions they no longer bother with!

• Like 3

I believed in the tooth fairy when I was 6 years old. What exactly is the mental age of these people who are so suckered in by the press.

The Mail should only be used in emergencies to clean the area of the body most reflective of the writers!

If the job wants its Police to thin down they could re - open all the canteens THEY closed and maintain gym equipment and encourage all the sports teams/clubs/competitions they no longer bother with!

Eliminate machines dispensing sugar-sweetened beverages and unhealthy candy and snacks replacing them with low-sugar, sugar free beverages and fresh, healthy snacks. Make it easy: tai chi before parade, training in at your desk yoga

We had a TSG Inspector who had his unit run almost every day around a local park - followed by their carriers so that they could instantly respond to calls. He was our Specials Liaison Officer; so we didn't get away without exercise and we were expected to do 6 to 10 km runs once a month .............. not taxing but more than most non-TSG team members did. Mind you, in those days in Central London, the main operational deployment was foot patrol; so almost everyone got a fair bit of daily exercise!

I don't know who this "equality advisor" is but all our DI's have to do OST. Contrary to popular myth, many of them have not been detectives since they completed their probations, they are former TSG officers and would be horrified if they failed a level 5:4 shuttle run!

How they manage to squeeze in so many factual inaccuracies into one story beggars belief...

Its a subtle change but they appear to have started calling the Fed a 'union' in inverted commas rather than union, i.e. they've finally noticed that it isn't a union but still want to give their readers the impression that it is one.

I only look at Mail stories on line so i'd have a lot of difficulty wiping my bum with a lap top.

Anyway...why do they always give the impression that being able to chase a crook is the be all and end all of being a cop?  Most of us use that most modern of inventions, the motor vehicle, to get around and that believe it or not, it helps us to catch criminals.  There will always be someone younger and fitter who can outrun a cop no matter how fit we get ourselves, particularly when we are weighed down with boots, PPE, utility belt, radio etc.  Our kit will also be a disadvantage to us in that situation.

Indeed, and most offenders these days attend police stations voluntarily to be interviewed and reported, and the only "chasing" involves that done over the phone. The Mail is so out of touch!

• Like 1

Why the obsession with weight and 'fatness'? It's the usual media obsession and then they criticise others who taunt people about being fat leading to tragic consequences we have all read about.

When I could achieve 12+ on the 20m bleep test I was over 3 stones overweight according to the charts. Since then I have lost 2 stones but couldn't get near that now.

There are plenty of normal weight people who will fail as this test is a questionable indication of one aspect of fitness that suits some people and not others.

• Like 1

Why the obsession with weight and 'fatness'? It's the usual media obsession and then they criticise others who taunt people about being fat leading to tragic consequences we have all read about.

When I could achieve 12+ on the 20m bleep test I was over 3 stones overweight according to the charts. Since then I have lost 2 stones but couldn't get near that now.

There are plenty of normal weight people who will fail as this test is a questionable indication of one aspect of fitness that suits some people and not others.

I wonder if Eric Pickles had anything to do with this. :rolleyes:

There are 8 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this