Sign in to follow this  
coponthecorner

...something going on...?

...seems to be lot of activity in London, I thought it was the second coming - no, some body has had a baby apparently...

...feeling it for reporter Tim Huart on ITV news, how many different ways can he tell us that a baby has just been born...

...well Tim what can you tell us..?

...er, well (for the umpteenth time) the Royal couple have just had a baby and er, and they are both delighted...

...feeling it for reporter Tim Huart on ITV news, how many different ways can he tell us that a baby has just been born...

...well Tim what can you tell us..?

...er, well (for the umpteenth time) the Royal couple have just had a baby and er, and they are both delighted...

...live from outside Buck Palace with Nina Nanna...

...what can you tell us Nina..?

...well thousands have gathered outside the Palace to er, look at a plaque on an easel...

I realise that it is only the birth of a baby BUT he is a very special chap because one day he will be King. I won't be around to see him reign but I am sure he will get many good examples of leadership from his parents as they seem very grounded - William because he has had many experiences that his father did not have and Katherine because she had a normal middle-class childhood.

I am currently in a West African (Commonwealth) country and during the course of today a number of people have mentioned how "exciting" it is that the baby would be born today and I've had a few text messages from friends around the world - strange really to think that such an event on our little island evokes such considerable interest. Maybe it is something we can still have some pride in - a Royal Family who despite all their travails still stir feelings of closeness in many parts of the world. A woman just being interviewed on BBC World says "The Royal Family gives us our identity" and one we shouldn't ignore - led by a very gracious Lady who has given her whole life to serving Britain and the Commonwealth for more than 60 years - no-one has done that sort of service! 

Anyhow, Good Luck to the parents and the little chap - I'm lucky enough to be living the experience of having two little lads who are growing every day - I'm sure the new parents will have lots of fun times :D

• Like 2

The likelihood is that we have just had the birth of the future King George VII, but I wonder if it would unite more of the UK if he was called Keanu or some other such name ?? ;)

The likelihood is that we have just had the birth of the future King George VII, but I wonder if it would unite more of the UK if he was called Keanu or some other such name. ?? ;)

Perhaps Wayne  -  I can just see it, King Wayne 1st, Colleen would be so proud.           

• Like 1

...seems to be lot of activity in London, I thought it was the second coming - no, some body has had a baby apparently...

Don't forget COTC, this has never happened in the world before, a woman having a baby, ops sorry, Kim Kardashian had the first, Kate is the second, no wonder all the press were there to record this second coming. Lets hope we hear no more about this unusual occasion, I get fed up hearing about it.   No doubt the DM will harp on about it for months ahead.

I am a convinced and loyal Royalist but i do think the media do go on a bit too much about Royal births, weddings and similar events. 

It can become boring. although not quite so boring as when they go on and on about tennis as they have been doing recently.

As I am wont to say, it is all bread and circuses and I wonder how many bad news stories and statistics HMG does not want the great British public to be aware of or well on are being completely stifled just now or being relegated to page 10 of newspapers.

It is a convenient time to hide bad news.  

• Like 3

We stopped everything that we were doing, with PC's standing to attention, saluting and singing the national anthem in honour of the news.

It amazes me how the media can talk for hours and hours, repeating themselves without really saying anything.

There is one rabbiting on about the Bwand for Bwittain, what a Gwand event for the whole countwy. We will have newsreaders next with a stammer.

We are all happy for the couple.

On the name of the Prince, I suppose "Spartacus" is out then :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

You cynical bunch.

She's nice.  He's nice.  The young boy will be nice.  Everything's nice.

Not enough niceness in the world.

I'm pleased that the new baby and Mother appear to be well, but for the first time I have started to have Republican thoughts, mainly because of all the news coverage telling me that a) I should be happy for them and b)that the child will be King in the future.  It left me wondering why  a day old baby should be pre ordained to be my head of state.  Oh well that feeling will probably go just as quickly as it appeared, but that doesn't mean that I am not completely fed up with the 24 non news coverage of the birth. Now there's 24h speculation about the baby's name and which member of the wider family will be the first to meet the child.

Don't forget COTC, this has never happened in the world before, a woman having a baby, ops sorry, Kim Kardashian had the first, Kate is the second, no wonder all the press were there to record this second coming. Lets hope we hear no more about this unusual occasion, I get fed up hearing about it. No doubt the DM will harp on about it for months ahead.

...talking of Kim K, she was on the telly yesterday having an ultra scan and on looking at the screen and said, I kid you not, "Oh my I don't believe it, it looks like a little human being" WTF!!!!

...talking of Kim K, she was on the telly yesterday having an ultra scan and on looking at the screen and said, I kid you not, "Oh my I don't believe it, it looks like a little human being" WTF!!!!

Bear in mind that Kim K is actually a very small (in height) alien; so it's not surprising she was surprised to be carrying a human ;)

I am a convinced and loyal Royalist but i do think the media do go on a bit too much about Royal births, weddings and similar events. 

It can become boring. although not quite so boring as when they go on and on about tennis as they have been doing recently.

As I am wont to say, it is all bread and circuses and I wonder how many bad news stories and statistics HMG does not want the great British public to be aware of or well on are being completely stifled just now or being relegated to page 10 of newspapers.

It is a convenient time to hide bad news.  

I'm sure you're right OC ......... they are bound to be doing something with their usual sleight-of-hand!

The really fortunate thing about this Royal birth is that there is no longer a legal requirement for the Home Secretary to be present at the actual delivery to ensure the baby isn't an imposter ............ Can you imagine the lasting impact on the child if its first sight of humanity is Mrs May ........... it doesn't bear thinking about!

Edited by OldAfricaHand
  • Like 1

There are 5 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this