Sign in to follow this  
Dankemp94

Special Constable Merseyside Police

Hi,

I've got my assessment day coming up next month for Special Constable for Merseyside Police

Can anyone tell me what ill need to know for it.

I've spent 2 years as a VPC for the Knowsley area so I know quite a bit about law and policing. Also I know the phonetic alphabet, different department, who's in charge (chief constable, superintendents, etc), different jobs in the police and also know a bit about equality and diversity. I know some of the above is going to be assessed but is there anything that I should know or buy to help me please?

Only helpful comments please :)

The first thing to learn is that this thread should be in 'recruitment' rather than 'kit & equipment'.   No big problem though, I'll move it over.

I used to interview potential SC's and there were no trick questions.I would just want to see that the candidates understood the role and would not 'worry the horses' with big ideas about locking up Mr big and making a difference to the community.

A both feet on the ground attitude that they would by and large be assisting the local police and be prepared to do some of the laborious tasks and the paperwork and not expect people to sweep up after them.

Then why do they want to do the role,joining the regs later is a good answer to that.

Just be yourself and good luck

Well one guy I interviewed obviously didn't like his family very much. He went off on a rant about them all using a different stupid voice for each member replete with mannerisms for each person. Best laugh I had in many a moon. Also if you get in don't turn up in white boots on the day of the passing out parade as it can be quite lonely sat on your own out of the way so the bosses don't see you.

Sign in to follow this