Sign in to follow this  
Reasonable Man

Saatchi and Lawson

Victims of domestic usually wait sixteen times before complaining , if he gets away with this without being ostracised it will be nothing short of a travesty,the B-----d. regards, Rich.

Ooer, couples should ensure they don't indulge in horseplay in public. They're just photos with no context.

Of course the police should be involved. For one ethical crime recording will tell us that a crime is perceived to have occurred. Two - this is domestic violence at its most abhorrent. A multi millionaire flexing his own perceived power over a lady who is although larger than live is a vulnerable human being.

Edited by nyrb

Yes I think so RM...........

This does appear to be (whether it is or not) an act of domestic abuse in a very public place, and I think the police owe a duty to the possible IP, to make sure that they are protected if they are unable to protect themselves.

He's accepted a caution reportedly because he "didn't want it hanging over us for months".  Not sure whether that suggests that he doesn't think he is guilty or not.  One would imagine that he would have been able to afford the best lawyers in the country to represent him should it have gone to court.

Of course the police should be involved. For one ethical crime recording will tell us that a crime is perceived to have occurred. Two - this is domestic violence at its most abhorrent. A multi millionaire flexing his own perceived power over a lady who is although larger than live is a vulnerable human being.

?? At its most abhorrent??

All domestic violence is abhorrent but in that context this is at the low end.

I think a series of pictures, without voice or transcripts of the conversation, does not indicate anything.  They could have been indicating what horseplay they were going to get up to later, he could have been relaying a story to Nigella and graphically demonstrated it.  I'm sorry, but this is a non story.  The fact he accepted a caution is neither here nor there.  Accepting the caution put the story to bed.

• Like 1

The fact he accepted a caution is neither here nor there.  Accepting the caution put the story to bed.

Yeah.  I go around accepting guilt for things I didn't do, all the time........ :huh:

Yeah.  I go around accepting guilt for things I didn't do, all the time........ :huh:

I think if I were Saatchi, I would accept a caution, when the alternative is a very public and very expensive legal battle. It might seem stupid to accept you have done something wrong when you haven't, but think about it.

He must have admitted it and the admissions will be on tape and transcribed to a MG15 which will have been scanned on the computer system .The caution form with his signature accepting guilt will be stored ad infinitum in a clerical office somewhere.quality control will have updated PNC and he will now have a CRO number for life and the DH screen will show a caution for section 39 which can be expanded to see more detail plus full details on local system.Thats the reality.

A caution is not a vague glossing over of things admittedly it means the case is quickly closed but its the same guilt around the situation as if found guilty by a panel of magistrates or 12 good men ( and women) true.

I should add, I think he did assault his Mrs and this was not horseplay, although the pictures can be interpreted in several ways, without having the actual conversation. So to accept he's done wrong and get a caution, is the best possible outcome and it hasn't cost him a bean.

I think if I were Saatchi, I would accept a caution, when the alternative is a very public and very expensive legal battle. It might seem stupid to accept you have done something wrong when you haven't, but think about it.

OK.  I've thought about it.  He's got more money than most of us will ever see, combined.  Money isn't a problem to them - their net worth is estimated at well over £100million.  As for publicity....................it's his bread and butter...........and if he can't control himself and can't stop himself grabbing his wife by the throat at a restaurant in public, then there are going to be a few consequences.......

By his own admission, he is guilty of domestic abuse in that he's assaulted his wife.  Nice, decent men, don't go around assaulting their wives in my opinion.

• Like 1

I should add, I think he did assault his Mrs and this was not horseplay, although the pictures can be interpreted in several ways, without having the actual conversation. So to accept he's done wrong and get a caution, is the best possible outcome and it hasn't cost him a bean.

Yes, you're right Tommo......

WTF. What a lazy and easy way to get a detected crime. The Met must be hard up. If they are going to get involved, then do it properly. Interview the I.P.  For all anyone knows he could have been threatening to kill her, or just just holding her throat saying "It is ok the rash does not show"

I have said before that many forces are misusing Cautions, and not for the better good. 

There are 3 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this