Sign in to follow this  
Brian Police Dog

£10,000 Pay Rise for MP's?

I'm not sure what to make of this. It is after all in the Daily Mail, but if this gets the go ahead, I really can see the majority of the population getting very worked up about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2326816/MPs-10k-pay-rise-But-say-Its-snouts-trough--pay-peanuts-monkeys.html

I love the quote at the end:

‘Voters may not like it but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Unless our pay goes up, the decline in the quality of  people prepared to become MPs and Ministers will increase and the whole country will suffer.’

Should that not apply to every occupation then?

I was just about to post on it having found it on Sky

http://news.sky.com/story/1092896/mps-are-in-line-for-20000-pay-rise

I can't believe how out of touch and two faced these f***ers really are. It makes me so angry that they'll spout all this rubbish about needing to make cuts and we are all in it together then try to give themselves a massive pay rise while trying to bring in less working time for them.

It beggars belief it really does.

As for getting monkeys for that pay by that reckoning the next generation of police officers will all be amoebas

Edited by BlackRat601
  • Like 1

Really really f@#?ingv angry about this. Almost at the point of saying really stupid things on social networking sites. The only thing that holds me back is knowing I have a mortgage to pay.

F@&k

Are us ex MPs getting a nice pay rise too? Oh I forget, I'm a junior civil servant and my pay has been frozen for 3 years. :(

I have no objection to the pay rise, IF, expences claims stop, no housing allowance, and they pay for their food like everyone else has to, and pay to get to work like everyone else, and no second jobs.   If they don't like the job of being an MP,step aside, there are plenty of others who would do it for less money.

• Like 1

So a £10k pay rise for the MP's who don't need any qualifactions to get the job ! New Police Officers needing degrees and get a pay cut !

B T M S ' R ........... Its code ;)

You could read it as saying that current MPs and those currently applying for the job have the intellect of monkeys if they are so concerned about the effect of remuneration...

Though actually, I have a solution. They can start on £19000 and the brightest and best can rise through the ranks and eventually earn decent money - or is that only for plebs? ;)

• Like 3

Oh yes, and they should have to pass an exam and a fitness test to get to the top of their pay scale...

(Sorry about the 3 posts, the system won't let me use the edit function for some reason).

• Like 1

I have not seen this article, but one I did see in the SUN, was that the poison midget Bercow will be on a higher salary than the PM after various salary increases take affect. Apparently because of his appointment, he is on a higher salary than MP's to start with but has various other bits are added on.

Though actually, I have a solution. They can start on £19000 and the brightest and best can rise through the ranks and eventually earn decent money - or is that only for plebs? ;)

The PC pay cut of £4k will go towards their £10k increase. Hidden agenda.

Ryan

If there was any greater indication that MPs - and by extension the Government - are totally out-of-touch with reality then I cannot imagine what it would be. Parliamentarians are amongst the most cossetted, overpaid (in terms of "total cost to country") of any section of the population. If they want more pay, they must forego expenses and also work longer - in terms of reducing the time that Parliament is closed and also setting a standard for the number / frequency of their constituency "surgeries" etc.

BR's staement about the poison dwarf is really the is=cing on the cake - he is a waste of space - he has neither the intellectual nor personal stature of earlier Speakers (not including Gorbals Mick) and, he has a lacklustre wife who seems to think that being married to the dwarf means her opinion counts for something more than that of ordinary folk.

Being a Monarchist, I'm leaning towards thinking that it's time these "democratic politicians" were given the boot and HMQ allowed to select a government based on what individuals can do to support the UK; perhaps they counld be selected by interview - ideally with The Princess Royal, who is known for not suffering fools gladly (after her first few years with Captain "Foggy" Phillips)........... :tongue_cheek:  

Remember this is in addition to MP's delaying any reform of their pensions until November 2013 at the earliest i.e up to two years after they started to reform most other public sector workers pensions.

When the results of the MP's survey were leaked in January this year I'm sure I recall HMG saying that its only a private survey about what MP's think they are worth and that nothing will come of it...now 5 months later the idea of a pay rise seems to be becoming more concrete.  Also its being promoted by IPSA which started out as being independent but is now dominated by people appointed by the speaker John Bercow.  Former members have been questioning exactly how independent it will now be. 

Repeat after me 'we're all in this together'

There are 45 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE
Sign in to follow this