Sign in to follow this  
Maverick22

George Michael in crash.

George Michael was flown to hospital after a prang von the M1.  He was in a Range Rover which hit the centre barrier.    He had minor head injuries and was released later that day.    Apparently the crash was caused by a chocolate bar seen running across the carriage way. Police said it was a Careless Whisper.

This must be the first road crash he has had where prohibited substences were not to blame. (Define a careless whisper)

There was a suggestion that the driver didn't have both hands on the wheel, no other vehicle involved, for reasons unknown it just crashed into the central armco.

• Like 1

It really is a non-story. George Michael was a passenger in a car that crashed.

In other news today...... Angela Rippon was present when a child stole a packet of crisps from her local co-op.

I don't like him as person or his illegal antics but what a voice. Absolutely beautiful . I don't go to many gigs these days but I would pay good money to hear him sing live. He is even better than Freddie Mercury and Ronnie James Dio in my view and if you see my record collection you would know that's saying something for me.

Apparently he wasn't wearing a seat belt and was thrown into the road, a lady driver said she nearly ran over him, sounds as if he was very lucky.

We had a beat driver die a few years ago in pursuit of a stolen car.He was not wearing his seatbelt.His passenger who was walked away.

This story changes daily and it will be interesting to find out what actually happened when the police investigation is complete.

First (as per the original post) he was a passenger in the car that hit a crash barrier.

Yesterday it was being reported that he fell out whilst trying to close the door as it wasn't shut properly.

Today it is being questioned if he actually jumped out of the car at 70mph - http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/george-michael-motorway-accident-mystery-1903473

I've been, seen and dealt with far too many fatalities to believe that being in a car without a seat belt is plain daft.  Particularly rear seat passengers, who I still see blindly failing to wear them.  Any driver who permits a passenger to go without is equally stupid, in fact probably moreso.  You will always get the odd occasion where it may be possible that the wearing of a seat belt resulted in more injury than not wearing one would have, but these are very much a rarity.  If you 'aint wearing your belt, you 'aint getting in my car.

• Like 1

This story changes daily and it will be interesting to find out what actually happened when the police investigation is complete.

First (as per the original post) he was a passenger in the car that hit a crash barrier.

Yesterday it was being reported that he fell out whilst trying to close the door as it wasn't shut properly.

Today it is being questioned if he actually jumped out of the car at 70mph - http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/george-michael-motorway-accident-mystery-1903473

Crikey....the plot thickens.  I'm no expert, but I find it very hard to believe that anyone could accidentally fall out of a car at motorway speeds.  I saw a video once of someone falling out on a roundabout at slow speed.

I have a car where sometimes the door does not close fully (due for service next month, so will be adjusted). The warning light is a bit hidden, and I am only aware when the wind noise increases. At this point, I usually open and then slam the door (not whilst in motion, of course :rolleyes: ). I wonder if GM had the same problem, but did not notice immediately, thinking there was a window open?