Maverick22

Tory MP - Evans

Of course he is innocent until proven guilty. Having said that, it does make one wonder where this is all going to end. It has to be fairly well known what goes on in some of these public schools which were attended by many well known people. For that reason,it is not beyond the realms of possibility that other well known people could too be in the frame, and that may also apply to people at the top of their tree.

What's public schools got to do with it? The victims are in their 20s and the offences occurred within the last 4 years so they wouldn't have been at school!

Of course he is innocent until proven guilty. Having said that, it does make one wonder where this is all going to end. It has to be fairly well known what goes on in some police forces. For that reason,it is not beyond the realms of possibility that other police officers could too be in the frame, and that may also apply to people at the top of their tree.

Bold parts have been changed by myself.

If we change a few of the words in the quoted post I think there would be a good few people on this forum becoming very angry at the implications of it. It is an association fallacy, pure and simple.

I wonder why people are shocked and surprised when people ``at the top of the tree'' are found to be homosexual. So far as i can see, homosexuality is an aberration which affects all social classes and occupations.

I spent most of my police career in a very rough, macho, working class, industrial, city where I very rarely had occasion to arrest individuals from the upper echelons of society. I arrested a fair number of males for indulging in homosexual acts and, because of the type of place i was policing, they were mainly working class men whose occupations were usually of a manual nature such as labourers, bricklayers or shipyard workers. Few, if any,  of their arrests or court appearances merited a mention in the press.

The moral of the story is, perhaps, if your are homosexual (I won't use the word gay because few of them are) get yourself a job on a building site. 

• Like 2

I suppose Dave will now have something to distract him from worrying about Ukip now.

Not necessarily. A by-election will just give UKIP a chance to flex their new found muscles.

I suppose Dave will now have something to distract him from worrying about Ukip now.

Dave has put it in the hands of the Chief Whip.  He has assured the PM that he will get to the bottom of it.

• Like 2

Zulu, not funny and I suggest you remove this comment before the Moderators see it.

We shouldn't be reading comments like this on a Police forum. Nigel Evans is regarded across all parties as a respected and hard working MP - his sexuality is of no concern to anybody . Those allegations are just that - allegations.

Not being overly sensitive but let's be sensible.

The Police investigation will have to run its course and hopefully it will arrive at a correct and just conclusion, but if I was one of the investigating officers I would be considering whether or not Mr Evans has the physique to be capable of raping another man.  From the images we have of him he looks somewhat puny to me.

Of course, there are many ways of achieving rape other than by sheer physical prowess and, as i say, we must wait for the enquiry to be completed. 

Just  to keep some happy. :rolleyes:

Dave has put it in the hands of the Chief Whip.  He has assured the PM that he will get to the bottom of it.

;)

I wonder why people are shocked and surprised when people ``at the top of the tree'' are found to be homosexual. So far as i can see, homosexuality is an aberration which affects all social classes and occupations.

I spent most of my police career in a very rough, macho, working class, industrial, city where I very rarely had occasion to arrest individuals from the upper echelons of society. I arrested a fair number of males for indulging in homosexual acts and, because of the type of place i was policing, they were mainly working class men whose occupations were usually of a manual nature such as labourers, bricklayers or shipyard workers. Few, if any,  of their arrests or court appearances merited a mention in the press.

The moral of the story is, perhaps, if your are homosexual (I won't use the word gay because few of them are) get yourself a job on a building site. 

When I was a Vice Squad officer we were ordered from on high, the 11th floor of Chester House SMT, not to make observations on public toilets in Manchester City area.  Of course it had nothing to do with the fact that they were near the Granada TV and the BBC TV studio's.  They were terrified of us locking up another TV celebrity or presenter.  As time seems to show, they were totally wrong.  It was in the same area were a 14 year old boy was adducted from the Arndale Centre, marched into the toilets in Debenhams store and raped by two men.  They have appeared at Crown Court and because of the evidence had to plead "Guilty"   For some unbelieveable reason they were bailed by the Crown Court until July when they appear for sentence. That decision takes some understanding.

Of course a person is innocent until proven Guilty, but it is strange that they have so many members of the House who are of that persuasion.

Evans intends to continue as deputy Speaker, and yet TV personalities have been dropped until their cases have been dealt with, so this does smack of double standards.

Interesting use of the noun "aberration" by OC when describing someone as homosexual-quick dictionary definition- "often refers to something that doesn't fit with current moral standards, or is something that shows a mental lack of control."

Odd choice of words I reckon

There are 50 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE