Backlash

'Many injured' by explosions at Boston Marathon

Small homemade bomb thought to be the cause of explosion. A flight restriction has also been imposed over area and there are reports of additional unexploded devices.

I've just checked in with friends over there (who thankfully are all safe - they left the area 10 minutes before the explosion) and apparently there are still runners out on the course. Local news is reporting at least 2 dead and 28 injured.

Absolutely bloody dreadful.

Only takes one to get through all the checks..............

..........and that could easily have happened during the Olympics............

Two dead? Poor families...........

BBC reporting lots of amputees................and the London marathon not far away..........

As ITYO said, it only takes one committed nutter to get through. Why do they always target the innocent? Truly evil.

There is a "person of interest" laying injured in a hospital under guard, a Saudi, told by CBS, Fox News and the New York Post. Have heard there were two other bombs that didnt detonate.

X

Terrible event - a very soft target - lots of families having fun on Patriot's Day!

Talked to a former colleague over there who is involved in homeland security stuff - his view is the "size and shape" of the incident suggests local rather than international group behind it or, even more likely, a lone nut-case. His view is US has more than its fair share of home-grown anti-Govt / anti-Society nutters who think this sort of thing is entirely justifiable in fighting the "evil" US Govt.

The really hard part about this is hearing that some very young children are amputees and one of the dead was only 8 years-old - a tragic situation for young innocents!

People who do this sort of thing must be really 'sick in the head'. Thoughts are with those who were injured, lets just hope that one of the dead

is the person responsible, at least he/she will not be bombing anymore innocents.

The injuries sound awful.

I agree. We should also remember that the London Marathon is coming up this Sunday. I hope the FBI find out more about the Boston bombs before then as it could affect the London event. Mind you, it is easier to secure the finish line of our marathon.

I concur that this could easily of happened at Olympics and I purposely did not watch any of it live which is a sad state of affairs. It is easy for someone to walk along the path of a marathon or similar sporting event. Public streets are an easy target. I also think that this is more than probably a lone crackpot, however, as in the USA we also have a number of similar folk over here.

We have a couple of major events coming up, firstly MT's funeral and then the Marathon. Let us hope we are prepared and our people remain safe.

I concur that this could easily of happened at Olympics and I purposely did not watch any of it live which is a sad state of affairs. It is easy for someone to walk along the path of a marathon or similar sporting event. Public streets are an easy target. I also think that this is more than probably a lone crackpot, however, as in the USA we also have a number of similar folk over here.

We have a couple of major events coming up, firstly MT's funeral and then the Marathon. Let us hope we are prepared and our people remain safe.

And that we have enough police.

And that we have enough police.

I wasn't going to mention that, however, one would assume that they will be asking for volunteers or a boat load of overtime to be shelled out. TM did not want a Cobra meeting for the marathon, although high level discussions were already in place for the funeral. I just hope that all of our intel is up to date and not sat on. Copycats are so hard to discover in time.

There are 3 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE