Penbwlch

Police Oracle News

The Police Oracle Site is undergoing some upgrades next Sunday (21st April).

In order for Admin to do the necessary work, the site will go down for an hour or so. Sorry, but at the moment I don't know what time this is planned. When the site comes back up, there will be no forum. Don't panic, the forum has its own emerging needs and so is being split from the main site and acquiring its own url; policeuk.com. However, the forum will not take up residence there till Monday at the earlies. If there are any last minute problems, this could possibly extend to Tuesday.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Penbwlch

• Like 1

Just so I get my head around it (It takes me longer than it used to do!), there wont be an Oracle forum, but instead we will use the forum on policeuk.com ? Will we need to register for the new forum, or will our login details etc be carried across ?

Backlash, as I understand it, the Police Oracle forum will be the same or at least very similar to how it is now, but will take over the PoliceUK name. Both Police Oracle and PoliceUK have the same parent company, but the Oracle has a far wider audience and has more throughput of information. Basically what was PoliceUK is getting wound up and replaced by Police Oracle, but the PoliceUK name is being used to separate the forum from Police Oracle, which will be more the Police news and information site. As far as I am led to believe, all Police Oracle forum members will keep their username and log in details as they are now.

Having just read what I have typed, I'm not sure if I have explained it correctly, but hopefully you've got the idea !!

Police Oracle (News Site) will remain a news site.

Police Oracle Forum will be separated from the above and re-branded PoliceUK with our membership automatically transferring.

PoliceUK Forum as is, will cease to exist and their members will need to rejoin the new site.

As for the rest of what was PoliceUK, ie the stuff not associated with their forum, I have no idea, but I hope they change it to represent Scotland as well, otherwise PoliceUK will be a misnomer !

• Like 1

I use stored links for accessing the PO site and others, so never actually type in the web address. At the moment I'm not sure whether, once the changes are made, if the current web address will automatically redirect to the 'new' forum, or whether there will be information on PO, where the forum was, with a link to where the new forum is. We should have further clarification soon and will advise.

• Like 1

In another way Oracle is closing down their Forum and PoliceUk are keeping theirs!

No. The PoliceUK forum has already ceased to exist. The Police Oracle forum is just changing its url. The problem was that the Police Oracle site software caused restrictions on the forum. That will now go and the restrictions will be removed and allow the forum to develop. We will also, apparently, take over the PoliceUK name.

Hmmmmm.

I mean, I like the PoliceUK url, but I am also quite used to the PoliceOracle url.........hmmm.........but which one will I visit more?

There's only one way to be sure.

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmmm.

I mean, I like the PoliceUK url, but I am also quite used to the PoliceOracle url.........hmmm.........but which one will I visit more?

There's only one way to be sure.

FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, there will still be only one forum. :D
  • Like 1

Hi guys (cut and paste from PoliceUK forum)

Dear Police UK Member,

Police UK is changing

Over the next month or so you will see some big changes to

Police UK. We will be moving over Police

Oracle’s forum to Police UK and all members will be able to access what will be

one of the biggest Police Forums in the UK.

However, due to the limited uptake and activity Police UK

has had over the years, we will have to delete all current topics and messages

to make way for the new forum. We

strongly advise that any messages or information you would like to keep should

be copied and pasted into a text document stored locally on your computer.

The Police Oracle forum that will be moved to Police UK is

currently very active and you can go to www.policeoracle.com/forum right

now and sign up for a new account and start contributing straight away.

We would like to apologise for the disruption that you will

experience, but ultimately Police UK will become one of the leading Police

Forums in the UK.

Once the switch over happens, all accounts and data will be

deleted and members will have to sign up again to continue contributing.

Thank you

We would like to thank everyone who has helped make Police

UK what it is today and we hope you will continue to use Police UK in the

future.

Looks like if anyone has already joined PoliceUK they will have to rejoin this site......Will the moderators stay the same? and will i still be welcome? if i promise to be good???

X

Hi guys (cut and paste from PoliceUK forum)

Dear Police UK Member,

Police UK is changing

Over the next month or so you will see some big changes to

Police UK. We will be moving over Police

Oracle’s forum to Police UK and all members will be able to access what will be

one of the biggest Police Forums in the UK.

However, due to the limited uptake and activity Police UK

has had over the years, we will have to delete all current topics and messages

to make way for the new forum. We

strongly advise that any messages or information you would like to keep should

be copied and pasted into a text document stored locally on your computer.

The Police Oracle forum that will be moved to Police UK is

currently very active and you can go to www.policeoracle.com/forum right

now and sign up for a new account and start contributing straight away.

We would like to apologise for the disruption that you will

experience, but ultimately Police UK will become one of the leading Police

Forums in the UK.

Once the switch over happens, all accounts and data will be

deleted and members will have to sign up again to continue contributing.

Thank you

We would like to thank everyone who has helped make Police

UK what it is today and we hope you will continue to use Police UK in the

future.

Looks like if anyone has already joined PoliceUK they will have to rejoin this site......Will the moderators stay the same? and will i still be welcome? if i promise to be good???

X

As I have already said, it will no longer be the old PoliceUK forum but the Police Oracle forum renamed to PoliceUK. For some time now, moderators of both sites have been able to moderate both forums although we have generally kept to our main forums. Moderation is unlikely to change, there just may be more moderators about.

If you are good, Quokka, you will still be welcome.

Well, there will still be only one forum. :D

Yeap, one forum under the name PoliceUk......... Does police oracle want rid of it!

Gadget gone, CCC forum gone, Oracle going.......why?

Yeap, one forum under the name PoliceUk......... Does police oracle want rid of it!

Gadget gone, CCC forum gone, Oracle going.......why?

No. It is still Police Oracle in spite of the name. Police Oracle and PoliceUK have been under the same ownership for years. There were, however, a few problems developing the Oracle forum software as it was tied too closely to the main Oracle site. We needed to split the two and the forum needed its own identity. PoliceUK had become very poorly supported so it made sense to move the Oracle forum to the url used by PoliceUK. It is still Police Oracle and the forum remains the same, just with a new url.

Just to repeat, Oracle is not going anywhere. The Police Oracle site remains where it is. The forum, however, changes name to PoliceUK. The only thing that is going is the old PoliceUK forum.

Just a reminder to everyone that today is when the forum gets removed from the rest of the site. I'm afraid that I still don't know what time this will happen.

Whenever it happens, I look forward to seeing you all at the new address tomorrow or Tuesday.

Just a reminder to everyone that today is when the forum gets removed from the rest of the site. I'm afraid that I still don't know what time this will happen.

Whenever it happens, I look forward to seeing you all at the new address tomorrow or Tuesday.

Do I have to look for www.policeuk.com.? Or will I be redirected ?

Also if I do not get there will some one came back and find me ....I' the one looking lost and lonely standing on the corner ......seriously Pm me as you guys are a lot mor fun then DM .......clearly If you think I fit in with you guys.....don't forget I can provide beer and chocolate cake .........and I look good in a skirt ...well my sons best friend dad told me I did while giving me a welcome kiss......

X. It rained today ......

There are 22 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE