Lets face it......the only reason now to stay in The Fed is the accident insurance and the 10000 to 1 chance we need legal representation

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

I think the wording on the fed website is disgraceful. It's as if they are doing us a favour be excepting the 1% rise.

The wording..

Cost of living increase for police officers 11 April 2013

Commenting on today's agreement on the cost of living increase for police officers, PNB Staff Side Chairman Steve Williams said:

"As colleagues will be aware, the Government has announced that there will be a policy of limiting pay awards in the public sector to an average of one per cent.

"Police officers in England and Wales have received no pay rise since September 2010. In addition many have been subject to an incremental progression freeze and other changes which have reduced the value of police officers' pay.

"Staff Side wrote to the Official Side of the Police Negotiating Board (PNB) on 21 January 2013 asking for its proposals in respect of the up-rating police officers’ pay for 2013-14. At today's meeting of the PNB the Official Side responded with an offer to increase all points on the pay scales for police officers by one per cent with effect from 1 September 2013.

"Although the Government has a pay policy for public sector workers in respect of the next two years, this agreement on pay up-rating for police officers applies only for 2013-14.

"After carefully considering the prospects of improving upon this position in the current economic climate and the need for certainty among officers in terms of managing their finances for the coming year, Staff Side has agreed to accept this proposal."

ENDS

http://www.polfed.org/newsroom/1252.aspx

If my math(s) is accurate, a top whack pc will pull in £20 net for a 4 week pay period.

That is 71p a day

Assuming an 8 hour day that is an 8p an hour increase...

A new recruit, well...you do the math. I think it's 5p an hour

Suggestion:

The fed get all 100,000 officers to send in 5p each. Deliver them on the back of a truck to Downing Street and present them to government for donation to charity....

Fair play on police pay....

If my math(s) is accurate, a top whack pc will pull in £20 net for a 4 week pay period.

That is 71p a day

Assuming an 8 hour day that is an 8p an hour increase...

A new recruit, well...you do the math. I think it's 5p an hour

Suggestion:

The fed get all 100,000 officers to send in 5p each. Deliver them on the back of a truck to Downing Street and present them to government for donation to charity....

Fair play on police pay....

Wow.

It will be interesting to see how much the government gives itself, can't imagine it will be 1% . Well we are all in it together

Lets face it......the only reason now to stay in The Fed is the accident insurance and the 10000 to 1 chance we need legal representation

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

I'll take my chances. Fed Subs withdrawn last month. Guess what my caring Fed did? Threw me out of the group insurance! I knew that that was coming so arranged my own. In total, by stopping subs, I have given my self a £252 pay rise.

Some may say.....divided we fall, as we achieved so much as a united Fed........only we ain't.

Insp. Williams will never go against the government, he will fight for nothing. I have said it all along he is in it for himself and his rank, I have seen nothing to say I am wrong.

I believe someone in another post said they use to work with him and something along the same lines.

1% in Sept......... can we get it now, I am skint!

I'll take my chances. Fed Subs withdrawn last month. Guess what my caring Fed did? Threw me out of the group insurance! I knew that that was coming so arranged my own. In total, by stopping subs, I have given my self a £252 pay rise.

Some may say.....divided we fall, as we achieved so much as a united Fed........only we ain't.

Same here. Where did you go in the search for insurance - I'm presuming you are youngish and fittish or you'd be down not up per month :)

1% every year until 2016, for me that's about an extra £60 in my monthly pay packet from now til then!

The pension increase next year will take £40 off that, inflation over the next 3 will wipe away that totally! New Pay scale in 2016 wat might take £5500 a year off me, Not a lot to be happy about is there. I was going to say at least I have a job, But that might not be case!

Clearly no 'negotiation' here,was there!

Savings will have to be made now.

1% every year until 2016, for me that's about an extra £60 in my monthly pay packet from now til then!

The pension increase next year will take £40 off that, inflation over the next 3 will wipe away that totally! New Pay scale in 2016 wat might take £5500 a year off me, Not a lot to be happy about is there. I was going to say at least I have a job, But that might not be case!

Yeap...........things could have been different if that one person had not voted for Insp Williams........ Remember he only won by one vote against a PC.

Despite everything, there are still those who have complete, utter, unwaveable, immovable, unrelenting faith that when the increment freeze is unfrozen they will get a massive payrise up the increment scale to where they would have been if there had been no freeze.

Don't fall over laughing, but there a good percentage who TRUST that the increment losses will be backdated and they will receive them in a one-off lump sum

What scares me is that these peopke are policing the streets and dealing with criminals!

• Like 1

There are 10 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE