Sign in to follow this  
Backlash

'The police are constantly under attack from the government'

Yes, and many of the responses are supportive. Is it me or are an increasing number of people beginning to see through the lies and poor reporting that are a consent drain on our collective morale?

I take every opportunity to dispel myths and untruths through a variety of online mediums that like this one, which are difficult for the government and press to manipulate - perhaps we should encourage everyone serving, retired and their families to do the same. That's quite a powerful voice!!

I think that perhaps the populace are sick to the back teeth with this Govt, and where once they would happily go along with them in their negative publicity spins against the Police, they are now much more likely to buck against any negativity due to their own experiences.

• Like 2

The supporting responses are nice but how many come from the public and how many are from those in the Job?

It also goes to show what a lot of very good propaganda has been put out against the police cause and there is no one to able counter it. Some folk would not have their ideas changed even if they were proved completely wrong which goes to show some people are totally thick!

They don't know any better and pick up on the bad stuff ignoring the other 99% of what happens but is not shown in pictures in the daily Mirror in a way they can understand.

It is because of them that the police will always have a job

• Like 1

Bikerider I read some of the comments and it is scary...One comment said that we retire after 16 years at the age of 36....awesome I retire next year not at 60. And I still see the same old guff about miners strikes I was 4 when that happened and worse of all we "gave up" our right to strike for a huge pay rise yes moron that was in 1919 over 60 years before I was born. Nice to see some positive comments though

• Like 1

I am not usually a Guardian reader but articles such as this can only be uselful to police officers.

I think some police officers will be interested to read how certain MOPs perceive the Police Service. I spent most of my time in the Job policing very unsalubrious areas and right from the start I I had no illusions about how fickle the public can be.

Yes some of the comments made just showed how little, some of the public know about Policing and Police pay and conditions.

The Guardian article surprised me as well, they qwere quite supportive of the Police.