Sign in to follow this  
Maverick22

2 Dead

It is the GMP itself who has referred this to the IPCC. I have visited Police H.Q. many times and have yet to find anyone with any balls. The only one ever found there used to be called Duncan and he lost his so he could be called Christine.

From the reports it sounds like a job well done except for the damage to the cars.

Justice must be seen to be done, but you can guarantee that we will get the blame.

I do not know all the circumstances but from what I have read I cannot see how GMP officers can be in any way "blamed" for the crash; so quite why it was referred to IPCC mystifies me. Perhaps the problem is that so many senior Police Officers are now so afraid of external criticism or personally lack any self-confidence to give rational explanations for their actions, that IPCC has become the "supporter" that proves they are doing their jobs properly. All I can say is that there will be many City of Manchester Police officers turning in their graves (and many existing and former GMP officers deeply upset and embarrased) at this obvious lack of balls!

Why can't senior officers with balls just say in a press conference what all right minded people think such as, 'this was a unfortunate outcome of a violent criminal act and whilst it is upsetting for the families of those concerned it is often an inevitable consequence of criminal behaviour'. That is not too harsh but it does not apologise for scumbags who die whilst committing serious crime!

• Like 2

It is the GMP itself who has referred this to the IPCC. I have visited Police H.Q. many times and have yet to find anyone with any balls. The only one ever found there used to be called Duncan and he lost his so he could be called Christine.

From the reports it sounds like a job well done except for the damage to the cars.

Justice must be seen to be done, but you can guarantee that we will get the blame.

You didn't know him very well then as he was not the best....and plus he wanted to be known as Catherine.

But back on point it is now the norm to refer the case in these circumstances.

I think it is right to be referred to the IPCC. GMP have confirmed that there was a pursuit shortly before, so to alleviate any allegation that the pursuit was ongoing when the collision happened, it should be referred. Otherwise public perception would be that the Police were in pursuit but have tried to cover it up.

I can't see that there is anything to hide from self referring to the IPCC. I don't think it has anything to do with having balls.

• Like 1