anticondem

officer arrested - Pleb Gate

Officer apparently arrested and bailed over disclosure to the press regarding MITCHELL/Pleb gate. What offence would that be then? Oh misconduct in a public office. You know that offence that only applies to police officers. Not others in public office, like lets say members of parliament for example. How much more of this BS are we prepared to take individually or as a group?

Sorry no sympathy , I have experience of officers being put at risk due to other officers blabbing to the press, if he/she has leaked this what else in his/her DPG role has he/she leaked. I appreciate that he/she may have spoken to the press for the best of reasons but to hand over an official log not on.

The offence by the way doesn't just apply to police officers, it applies to anyone in a public office.

• Like 1

torchwood - I think this is one occasion when he did the right thing. We had an arrogant, pompous, LIAR, making allegations against police officer, it's a piuty BHH didn't have the spine to release the details, but then he wouldn't because he didn't want to upset his paymaster, Ms May. It was right that the public learnt the truth about the incident by the release of the offical notes, not some made up story by a liar of an MP.

• Like 3

torchwood - I think this is one occasion when he did the right thing. We had an arrogant, pompous, LIAR, making allegations against police officer, it's a piuty BHH didn't have the spine to release the details, but then he wouldn't because he didn't want to upset his paymaster, Ms May. It was right that the public learnt the truth about the incident by the release of the offical notes, not some made up story by a liar of an MP.

I disagree there were numerous avenues he/she could have gone down ie making the Federation aware, releasing an operational log and having a chat with The Sun not the way to proceed, the officer must have been aware of the Leveson enquiry and leaks to the press and was pretty stupid if he believed that no one would investigate the breach. Therefore as most DPG officers are intelligent he/she was obviously prepared to take the consequences.

We don't know if he/she has had other dealings with the press but someone who has access to sensitive information as a member of the DPG needs to be investigated, just because he/she has been arrested doesn't mean will be charged if and I say if he/she can show public interest outweighed the law.

Sorry I should have made myself clearer when referring to the 'catch all' offence of misconduct in a public office. I was being ironic/cynical when suggesting that it only seems to be applied to police officers and not anybody else. Out of interest does anybody know if it technically applies to a M.P. for employing a family member as a highly paid p.a., taking family members on trips paid for by expenses, sexual relationships with an employee whom is wined and dined on/off duty at public expense etc.? Does anybody know of a case where anybody other than a police officer has been prosecuted for this offence?

• Like 1

Sorry I should have made myself clearer when referring to the 'catch all' offence of misconduct in a public office. I was being ironic/cynical when suggesting that it only seems to be applied to police officers and not anybody else. Out of interest does anybody know if it technically applies to a M.P. for employing a family member as a highly paid p.a., taking family members on trips paid for by expenses, sexual relationships with an employee whom is wined and dined on/off duty at public expense etc.? Does anybody know of a case where anybody other than a police officer has been prosecuted for this offence?

I believe MP's get an outer under the Parliamentary Privileges Act, should they spill the beans when in the house, you are correct I have done an extensive search and can't find anyone other than police officers/PCSO's being charged, doesn't make it right though.

I like many have seen stuff I may have thought the public should know but realised the consequences should I leaked it.

torchwood - and there may be the nub of the problem. Individuals incensed at the hypocrisy and double standards, leading to potential 'noble cause' indiscretions. Obviously it would be naive of me to think that the cause of the problem should be targetted rather than a symtom of the actual problem itself.

I am with Torchwood on this. You cannot decided which laws you will comply with. Betrayal of your trust is at the top of the table. If you want to sell your soul to the devil then you must accept the consequences.

Will all members of the Press who can be trusted take one step forward; deathly silence, not a single one.

:no3:

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9750005/Andrew-Mitchell-Plebgate-leak-arrest-of-police-officer-may-breach-guidelines-says-Police-Federation.html - 'a complete lack of confidence in Senior officers in the Met', some people have been saying that ever since BHH got the job. A Placemena of Ms May, who gave no backing to his officers in the Plebgate incident, and has not supported the lads and lasses over Winsor 1 & 2, nor anything else for that matter. It's a right having a Yes man in the job, but but there comes a time when you have to 'stand and be counted',

but there is little fear of that with BHH. I thought Blair was weak, but he looks like a giant compared with BHH.

I have consdierable sypathy with the commenst above and also agree that we must be held to a higher standard that the public and , of course MP's.

I do belive that there is still consdierbale mileage in the whistleblower defence and in calling Mitchell as a witness!

I am with Torchwood on this. You cannot decided which laws you will comply with. Betrayal of your trust is at the top of the table. If you want to sell your soul to the devil then you must accept the consequences.

Will all members of the Press who can be trusted take one step forward; deathly silence, not a single one.

:no3:

Ahem... :bye:

• Like 1

At a time when we are being asked to bring in people as VA's. This man is being arrested. It beggars believe. There was no need for him to be arrested. I'm sure he could have answered the questions without the embarrassment of an arrest. This stinks of double standards again. No wonder morale in the met if so low, when the gaffers are so bent on shafting their staff.

• Like 2

Since I read this today my blood pressure has went through the roof !!!!!

There may have been grounds to arrest this officer but wheres the necessity?

(even the house seach could have been conducted with consent)

Again its all about PSD protecting the reputation of the force whatever the cost and carring nothing about getting to the truth.

In the current climate of one of the worst spineless commissioners the MET has ever seen im only glad that I dont belong to that force as my morale is already low. I do feel sorry for all the officers in the MET as their morale must be rock bottom.

Whistles blowers charter dont make me laugh. This only applies if it suits SMT.

What happens to all the MPs who leave confidential documents lying around or leak them to the press. (or even leave their kids in the boozer).

I hope this officer comes through this and aquires the services of a good solicitor for advice on unlawful arrest.

If I ever met the person who leaked this gem Ill buy them a pint.

Its now time to be counted as its one rule for them and if they dont like the rules they just change them anyway.

• Like 1

There are 258 hidden replies in this thread that you do not currently have access to as a Guest User of our forum. To unlock the forum register for an account for FREE today by clicking HERE