I need to explain the differences between different file types. I have managed to explain the Early first hearing file and the early administrative hearing file but I have no idea what a full file or a process/summons file are? Any help would be great!

Full File is usually a File containing ALL Statements from ALL witnesses involved in a case. Not just like the Arresting officer and 1 security guard for a shoplifter who has the job on interview and you can reasonably assume will plead Guilty at first hearing.

Process / Summons will vary a lot, but Process is usually for Traffic related matters such as No Insurance / No Licence where the FPN hasn't been substatiated or they request a court hearing.

Generally MG files court file forms are numbered MG1 to MG twenty something and in my force are eletronically submitted.you would use MG forms for crime files and a combination of MG and road traffic forms for traffic offences.To start with the form MG3 is the most important this is a long summary form telling cps what we have got and haven't got for them to make a basic decision.

MG11s are statement forms with the legal blurb on top saying it must be the truth,MG1 is a front sheet,never used MG2 Mg3 as above Mg4 charges sheet MG 5 Summary of offence, MG6 a,b,c,d, additional information not alays disclosed to to defence I have forgotten which is which but MG9 10 12 are property,witness availabilty etc and the last important one is the MG 15 summary of interview.MG18s are offences taken into consideration.Irs a while since I have done a file as I am now a shiny arse but i think its something like,others feel free to correct me,Hope it helps.

Goodness gracious. All those MG's. We don't have such things in Scotland, just reports, of varying lengths and of varying qualities dependent on what the subject matter is.

Come to think of it, we do have MG's, but they usually have B's after those initials and are the ones who will sell their grannies for a little bit of overtime !!!

I had a MGB in '77. It was unique in so much as it had a sun-floor. In the end, I flogged the car to a couple of blokes called Fred and Barney. They loved it !

I wonder how they coped with pneumatic tyres? ;)

Very good point! They didn't, because as soon as they had paid me, they swapped the wheels and tyres for round ('ish) slabs of stone. When I asked them about why they had done that, they both agreed that the roads should be made of rubber and the wheels should be made of stone. Actually, that made very good sense at the time and so I wished them a safe drive home.

ps. They both looked a bit odd though; both were dressed in animal skins which is sooo .. 1960's and totally passée!