BeardedSpartan

£126 Alarm Clock

It's not 1st April; so it must be true ......... only apratt like Glegg could think up such a scheme as giving disengaged youths wake-up calls.

Motivational talks from ex-soldiers may help but probably only those very few who are not really disengaged just fed-up at making an effort and needing the flame of interest re-kindled!

Radio 4 wakes me up in the morning. On a work day that's just gone 0500hrs.

And to get enough sleep, I go to bed around 2100hrs.

It's a fairly simple equation to work out when you go to sleep and when you should get up.........

Of course, if you've nothing to wake up for...............that's a bit different..............but you gotta want/need to get up....

• Like 1

Most of these "youths" have a mobile phone all of which have alarms - so why can't they set those - too bloody idle i suspect - and the politicians are neither smart enough nor have the balls to tell 'em to get a grip & sort themselves out! I know my next remark is crazy but ...................bring back National Service - either in the military or residential service with work battalions - there are sappers being made redundant who could easily train & manage these characters.......

• Like 3

It's not 1st April; so it must be true ......... only apratt like Glegg could think up such a scheme as giving disengaged youths wake-up calls.

Motivational talks from ex-soldiers may help but probably only those very few who are not really disengaged just fed-up at making an effort and needing the flame of interest re-kindled!

Ex soldiers?

Much better would be a motivational talk from a Special Services soldier after he crashes through their bedroom window. The kid will never oversleep again.

Personally, I have the best alarm clock I have ever known. One of my dogs sleeps in the bedroom and wakes me up by licking my face every morning at 5-15am. I have never worked out how he can be so reliable; it is not daylight related as he does it throughout the year. Neither does he have a watch.

• Like 1

Haven't they all got staffy dogs? My dog wakes me up spot on 6am every morning, and I have to get up to let her out - to avoid having to clear up after her!

£2,200 for each young person helped? I'll do it for £1000 each, I have a low-tech but highly effective knock which rarely fails to get people out of bed. Quite often it gets the neighbours out of bed too, so could be used to kill two or three birds with one stone. (Or at least get them out of bed).

• Like 1

Come on, you know the people this scheme is aimed at let their dogs s**t all over the kitchen floor!

Having watched a recent episode of "Life of Grime", I have to agree with you!