Bit of advice please folks, when do you start to get paid for acting up? I have about 50 days planned on ad hoc basis, and have done at least 20 recently in a stretch so I thought I would be in the pay zone for all subsequent acting up days.

Advice more than welcome.

Acting pay starts on the 15th day of acting duties, March to March each year.

Yet something else we do for nothing along with half hour overtime and the proposed on call.

• Like 1

Acting up !

Whenever we are short we fill the higher ranks not the lower ones. We can be short on shift and need more Pc's but when the Sgt's off we take another one away to make a Acting Sgt ! So then we are worse off. Why can't an Insp be the Sgt ?

Acting up !

Whenever we are short we fill the higher ranks not the lower ones. We can be short on shift and need more Pc's but when the Sgt's off we take another one away to make a Acting Sgt ! So then we are worse off. Why can't an Insp be the Sgt ?

He could but, if he is doing his job right he will be busy all day with his own duties; supervision, custody reviews, complaints, serious/major incidents, staff reports, CAD supervision, etc. It is now a long time since I performed this role and things may have changed but I would not have been able to do another role as well.

He could but, if he is doing his job right he will be busy all day with his own duties; supervision, custody reviews, complaints, serious/major incidents, staff reports, CAD supervision, etc. It is now a long time since I performed this role and things may have changed but I would not have been able to do another role as well.

Get the Chief Inspector to do the Insp's job and the Supt to do the Chief Insp's job too.

Apparently Sheehy done away with the Chief Supt Rank !

Oh wait a minute did he not do away with the Chief Insp Rank too !

Yes he did, but it never got that far because we had worked through the situation where you had two superintendents on one division but one was in charge!

Didn't last long as we all knew it wouldn't, but who ever listens to us?

Get the Chief Inspector to do the Insp's job and the Supt to do the Chief Insp's job too.

Apparently Sheehy done away with the Chief Supt Rank !

Oh wait a minute did he not do away with the Chief Insp Rank too !

One problem, how many reliefs do you have? How many sergeants could be off at any one time?

Acting up ! Whenever we are short we fill the higher ranks not the lower ones. We can be short on shift and need more Pc's but when the Sgt's off we take another one away to make a Acting Sgt ! So then we are worse off. Why can't an Insp be the Sgt ?
Pigman in my case I was the Inspector over the Sub Division and was responsible for three Sections and Custody,all with Sergeants. Now I know I was good but I was not able to be in three places at the same time, even though at times they thought that I had a type of Star Trek transporter beam.