UniHelp

University Research Project Short Survey To Complete by Officers

Hi

I am on a Public Services Degree course through Bournemouth University and as part of my research project I need to have special constables, PCSO's or regulars, whether in service or retired to complete my short survey. Here is the link. Thank you for your help!

I have amended the link as per comments below!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7PS83KM

Edited by UniHelp
Links to commercial sites are not permitted.
  • Like 1

Sorry UniHelp. That new link is the same as the old link. If you can provide a link to your survey that DOES NOT bring up a Facebook page, our members MAY be interested. Otherwise, this thread will be closed.

At last. Not a very good survey now I've read it. The questions appear to me to be guided by pre-conceived ideas. I did complete it though, so you will have at least one reply. ^_^

A completely loaded and one sided survey. It assumes , wrongly, that racism applies only White against Black. I hate the word Black, as I have yet to meet a "Black" person. The nearest I got to one was a Liverpudlian who was cutting overhead power cables. I have met many really friendly and decent, dark brown, light brown, yellow, olive coloured, fawn coloured, nearly pink etc. The true term should be coloured, but if you use that term you get branded racist, instead of realist.

Nowhere does the survey ask about racism suffered by you from the "Coloured/black community. I have been unable to count how many times I have been called, Honkey, White trash, White c8%$* and many other offensive adjectives.

I have also met more decent Coloured/Black people who live lawful and useful lives. My families, perhaps, two best friends are both Asian families, one of which I have holidayed with in India. Now if you want to hear racism and Castism then I would suggest that you visit. Mention praise of Pakistan and see what reaction you will get, anywhere.

I regularly dine with an African origin, Prison Governor. His description of his “Clients” both black and white is quite vivid.

Have I heared Rascist comments within the Police, of course I have. Have I heard more racist comments outside of Police circles, yes many times more usually about immigrants milking the benefits system. I have heard those comments regularly from people of all races.

• Like 1

Uni-help,

Speak to your mentor and ask for direction on the construction of surveys. The imbalance of this one will reduce your poll sample, such that it will have no credibility for your finished work - "Of a nationally published voluntary poll, there were e.g. six (or whatever) responses" provides no useful evidence for your work at all. People generally have something to say, you need to give them the opportunity.

Every day's a school day, eh?

Not very good research methodology. Questions biased towards a questionable hypothesis. I would be very wary of drawing any conclusions from such a poor set of questions.