Dear All,

I am looking for a little insight into the world of becoming a Special.

I have just got through the paper sift process of the application and am now very excited by the next stage. I am hoping to speak to a current special about their experiances and my father was in the police force for over 30 years.

I am doing this because i would like to eventually become a police officer myself. I think there is no greater insight than talking to someone that has just come through the process themselves and was wondering if anyone on this forum was in that situation?

If so i would greatly like to speak to you.

Kind Regards,

Matt

Hey Guys n Gals....

I have the pleasure of reporting that the situation here in the commonwealth is back on track! I had a major wobble for a year or so there, but things are on the Up and Up now.

Sorry about my 'Dont do it' comment Topstar. Just a little jaded after my experience, but I am sure things have improved 100% in the past 5 years or so. And Notts is not GMP, so that must be a bonus

:tongue_cheek:

Watch the forum, I will be posting some pics in the next month or so.

Dave

Hey Guys n Gals....

I have the pleasure of reporting that the situation here in the commonwealth is back on track! I had a major wobble for a year or so there, but things are on the Up and Up now.

Sorry about my 'Dont do it' comment Topstar. Just a little jaded after my experience, but I am sure things have improved 100% in the past 5 years or so. And Notts is not GMP, so that must be a bonus

:tongue_cheek:

Watch the forum, I will be posting some pics in the next month or so.

Dave

I look forward to that.

Firstly, thank you for all of the responses, I have completed the first stage of the application process and completed my English and multiple choice section of the test. Next (tomorrow) i have my interview. In peoples opinion would you go suited and booted OR trsousers and a shirt only? I have work before so will need to spend the day in whatever i decide.

Many Thanks

Hi Topstar

How is the application process going for you?

I am looking to become a special with the intention of going full time and im based in Nottingham too. Im taking my time over the paper application part as want to get it right first time! So wont be sending it off for about 2 weeks.