Hardstylemw

3 Years in the Specials???

Hi all,

I have been waiting for the past couple of months for my start date with the met. I have spoken to a friend who has inside knowledge with the met police and he said they will be offering all met officer applicants, 3 years with the specials whilst they sort out their over-subscription issues!

Now as much as i would love to be a special and would enjoy doing this, I cant really afford to do this as with my current job i work long hours for 6 days a week. It sounds like they are just trying to get something for nothing.

If anyone has any idea what is going on that would be very helpful.

I to have heard this info and they are going to make it mandatory to be a special for 3 years until you can be a full PC. However the letter that was supposedly arriving at mid-late April will most likely be after the election or another useless HR "sorry thank you for waiting, please wait some more, etc" letter.

So I figure the bottom line is, its just a waiting game.

Ah but they all say they are going to put more officers on the streets but I believe they are all peddling the same Sh*te.

But not necessarily handled in the same way. The devil is in the detail. There are quite some differences as well. We now know what Labour think of the police, the current cuts are down to them. The Lib Dems have said they will increase police numbers. The Conservatives have made no statement but, the last time they took over when the county was in a mess, they increased police numbers and implemented very large pay rises. They knew they needed to rely on police in the troubles ahead.

I to have heard this info and they are going to make it mandatory to be a special for 3 years until you can be a full PC. However the letter that was supposedly arriving at mid-late April will most likely be after the election or another useless HR "sorry thank you for waiting' date=' please wait some more, etc" letter.

So I figure the bottom line is, its just a waiting game.
[/quote']

Do you know if this mandatory specials is for the next batch of recruits or for the ones like me who have passed their day 1 and 2?

But not necessarily handled in the same way. The devil is in the detail. There are quite some differences as well. We now know what Labour think of the police, the current cuts are down to them. The Lib Dems have said they will increase police numbers. The Conservatives have made no statement but, the last time they took over when the county was in a mess, they increased police numbers and implemented very large pay rises. They knew they needed to rely on police in the troubles ahead.

Thank you for that insight I will definitley be voting for the Conservatives now instead of the Legalise Marijuana PartyLOL

I'm not sure I may find out some more later, I am in the same boat as you, I have also passed my day one, two and passed my vetting, and am waiting for a start date. I also heard that PCSO - PC applicants were being taken for May and June and the recruitment team had not decided what was heppening for the rest of the year.

This has been discussed to death on the Met/City of London recruitment page - at the end of the day nobody knows anything, just lots of I heard this from so-and-so. Just hang tight and don't waste time with hypothesis! Good luck!

Have just read a report on another part of this site that indicated that the recruitment change involving only specials being able to apply for the police officer roles will not start to be implemented until October 2011. Phew that is a weight off my mind.

I suggest you wait to see what the new government has in mind before jumping to conclusions (either way). What I have seen on here is simply reports made while Labour were still in power. It all changes now.