charles

Serviceman requiring assistance

Hi All, seeking serious assistance to sort out a newbie please,

I'm a serving member of the forces (army) and a P/T student and preparing for my dissertation (15k) which starts in June, due to my background I've already decided on my topic which aims to be "Terrorism & Security, from a civilian and military prospective", which will be monitored by a lecturer in 4 stages,

Due to vast knowledge, expertise and experience from you chaps/s i'm seeking some of the following:

Incident feedback and lessons learned,

Research pointers,

what key area's to concentrate on,

do's & dont's & any tips from any member who has covered this subject knowledge in the same format

The main area's i've looked at so far:

Religous & cultural devides and the history

Intelligence and surveillance gathering

media & propaganda and web use

UK security and it's agencies

Security services and military working relationship

technology, recovery and strategic elements

Now a good friend and fellow student collegue is in fact a former DCI and advised me to ask on here, so any advice, guidance and websites etc would be appreciated, if there is anything that can be passed on that does'nt comply with forum rules then send me a pm please

thanks

Charles - I don't think you will get much uptake here on your topic I'm afraid.  Due to the nature of what you are asking about, most serving officers will not wish to divulge any material which is security or terrorism related as this is a public forum and all posts are visible to anyone who cares to view.  You may get a PM or two though.

Good luck however in you quest.

Charles - I don't think you will get much uptake here on your topic I'm afraid.  Due to the nature of what you are asking about' date=' most serving officers will not wish to divulge any material which is security or terrorism related as this is a public forum and all posts are visible to anyone who cares to view.  You may get a PM or two though.

Good luck however in you quest.
[/quote']

999tommo,

Many thanks for the fast reply, yes i fully understand due to the nature & being a public forum, I would ask on "arrse" the unoffical army forum but i'd have similar issue's but i welcome ANY PM's that will assist,

Mind you "any" case studies which are significant and available via the web would suffice also but at the moment i'm attempting to cover all avenue's and be as prepared as possible.

thanks

I suggest you attend Cranfield University as this is the one on courses if you have a degree, or are in a profession that needs this information. I would and cannot divulge my training with the Open University on such subjects as it is a set of courses in the Masters in Forensic Psychology and as such the whole set of Psychology were tested before and applied. I recommend Brent Turvey of Forensic Solutions as distance learning. Really to do a thesis it is not our opinion but that of Bibliography and as ex forces my experiences in the 60s and later are closed. I wish you well, but a thesis of this sort is one where you attend Cranfield paid for by the Army of course. I would and do not take hearsay as I am a bonafide researcher and can reference my sources.  References to material is essential and not ethnography of this genre. US.

Charles, PM me with your email address, I currently work in Northern Ireland (PSNI) and may be able to assist you with this.

I will be looking to see a copy of your ID though