Sign in to follow this  
becky x

should i apply to be a special ??

Hello,

I am currently waiting for the west mids to open the recruitment for the regulars as it is my dream career. It is still closed at present but they have opened the specials recruitment.

I need some advice!!!

Shall I wait for the regulars recruitment to open or should I apply for the specials while I wait?

I know that it would be good experience for when I apply for the regulars but the only thing that is putting me off is the fact that the specials don't get paid for the same job.

In addition, if I applied for the specials now and then in a few weeks they opened the regulars recruitment whould I be able to apply for the regulars aswell as the specials or would I only be able to carry on with the application for the specials.

Can anyone help me???

Thanks xxx

Becky,

If you can spare about 4 hours a week, you should definitely apply to be a special.

(a) It will give you an opportunity to find out if you really want to be a police officer,

(B) You will gain excellent training and experience which will really benefit you when you join as a regular - helping you to hit the ground running,

© You will get terrific examples with which to display your competencies on the toughest part of the application form.

It is no problem to have specials and regulars applications ongoing simultaneously, I did so last year and I have just started duties as a special.

In short - go for it!

...........but the only thing that is putting me off is the fact that the specials don't get paid for the same job.

In addition' date=' if I applied for the specials now and then in a few weeks they opened the regulars recruitment whould I be able to apply for the regulars aswell as the specials or would I only be able to carry on with the application for the specials.

[/quote']

It's not the same job.  Being a special will give you a taste for the actual job, however.

Not sure about the second bit - as the specials is a volunteer thing, I can't see a force being able to stop you applying.........any training that you might get in the specials would help in the regulars so none of it would be wasted.

Thanks for your advice its much appreciated and its gave me the advice I was looking for, thanks. Im definatley going to think about it abit more before I do anything.

Hi Shaka,

I decided to go for it and apply as a special!!!

I downloaded the application form a few days ago but I can't get it to print off my laptop!! So I emailed the specials recruitment and they asked me for my date of birth and address, so I gave it to them and they emailed back yesterday to tell me that they've added me to the list and they're sending me an application through the post!!!

Can't wait to fill it in, I'm sooo excited!!!!

ClapClap

Sign in to follow this