Miss DDO

Designated Detention Officer

Hi,

Just saying hello. First time to a forum of such.  I am having probably the biggest interview of my life on Friday  - Designated Detention Officer. Haven't seen any discussions on here about these roles as yet. Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on 'situational exercises' and any other tips you could give?

Thank you.

Hi' date='

Just saying hello. First time to a forum of such.  I am having probably the biggest interview of my life on Friday  - Designated Detention Officer. Haven't seen any discussions on here about these roles as yet. Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on 'situational exercises' and any other tips you could give?

Thank you.
[/quote']

Hello Miss DDO.

You can find information you may require by typing in 'Designated Detention Officer' in the search engine. this should spring up both what it means (already know) and information regarding it.

I was a DDO for West Mids Police for over two years and due to start with Met 22nd June. I cant wait!i left WMP to join RAF police but didnt work out so returning to civi police.

Anyway,in the interview please be yourself.if you try and be someone your not and make things up as you go along, they will catch you out (although this isnt what they are trying to do!)

(without teaching you to suck eggs)You WILL be dealing with people from all walks of life.i gather you will have have completed the Competancy part of the application (would i be right in thinking your going to the Met also?if so is this Day1 or Day 2?)

use your answers in the competancy part to answer the same questions just on a 1-2-1 basis.they may word it differently, if they do and you dont understand PLEASE ask them to clarify instead of trying to guess.

to summerise, one be yourself and two use your answers you put in the application.  if you need any other advice, let me know and goodluck!

Hello,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I should be in bed as I DID pass and have my fitness test tomorrow. I will get back to you after that... either way!

Thanks again

I have my Day 1 for Met DDO in just over a week. Can anyone give me any tips, advice or ideas on what to expect for the interview questions or the short video clips and questions you have to answer? I want this so so so bad and really want to be as prepared as possible, so nervous!

Thought I'd let you all know, I passed my Day 1 and have my Day 2 on 17th December!!! YAY!! Really thought I'd screwed up!! Happy me!! x Now its just the vetting, medical, push & pull, bleep test etc etc etc !! :] x

I could of said that tbh, my head was left on the Northern Line for my Day 1 I was so nervous lol! Obviously didnt mess up as much as I'd thought!

I am slightly worried for my Day 2, I'm 5ft 2, size 8, just under 8 stone, and this running malarky is making me shake! :'( Along with that push & pull thing!??!? 34/35 kilos!! Is that a lot? ahhhh!!

Ive booked on the practice day on Tuesday! When did you have your day 1?

I hope we do ok!! x

lol, yea day 1 was kinda crazy, especially the interview!!

wots the practice day???? i had my day 1 last month, i think it was on a friday, my day 2's gna b on tuesday.....you'll do fine truss me.......where in south r u from? if u dnt wna post it on here just msg me.

I've got through my Day 1 and Day 2 assessement centres for the DDO role. Tougher than i thought lol.

Ivebeen given a conditional offer for starting January 4th. Ive read the letter and i just wondered if any trainees know if we get paid for the training?

Paid Membership Required

There are 174 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.