chordpurist

OSPRE 2 Senarios

Does anyone have any senarios they want to discuss?

Are there any which regularly appear?

Is there a public collection of materials to prepare for part 2? (Yes I am a skin flint!)

Welcome to the forum, chordpurist. I have the feeling that the scenarios are confidential.  

I am looking to discuss generic examples - not scenarios which have appeared previously...which would obviously be inappropriate

Example scenarios are available to purchase, are there any in the public domain which could be discussed here?

Passing part 2 is an investment, there are no such thing as decent free scenarios. The ones you end up with are out of date or poor quality. I'm an ex OSPRE assessor and there know from experience it's an exam you only want to do once. I would recommend a course.

An excellent company is the Police Academy. They refund your money if you fail because they are the donkeys and get everyone through. Before you ask i'm not linked to the company but they got me through my Inspectors exam. Fully recommended.

Inspector Danny Boy, if you wish to advertise your business, please contact Admin who will be delighted to help.

Would everyone please note that Danny Boy is one of the principals of this company yet states he is not connected. He is a liar and therefore everyone should be wary of dealing with them. I am suspending him from this forum.

The sad thing is, a bit of forthright honesty about his position and history with the company would have made for a much better ending. But people who behave like spammers get treated as such. That sort of ruse; purporting to be a satisfied customer, is the sort of sales strategy I would expect from dodgy one day auctions, not a legitimate police training company with a five year history. It puts into doubt all the testimonials on their website. A bit sad, really.

If people have a business which they wish to advertise, they should contact the site owner.

Got a couple of CD's worth of scenarios off Ebay so going to work on them with the other officers on section that have passed their Part 1 exams...

I guess every little bit helps..especially since the initial Assessment Centre seems a long time ago..Confused

Passed part 1 now down to part 2....I'd love to be able to splash out on a £300 training course but with 4 mouths to feed and O/T just having taken a nose dive I really cant afford it.

Whats the view on the practice CD's you can get. They seem to start at as little as £4. Are they worth a go? do you think they will get me through it?
Lee62262010-05-14 23:45:23

Hi Lee

I was also wondering about the the CD's. The courses are expensive, we now have one for £170 but even that is a struggle.

A couple I know both passed part 1 and can't afford to pay for 2 courses so the husband is going on the course and will then feedback to the wife and practice scenarios together. Maybe you could find someone who is going on a course to team up with and practice?