newuserlancs

Lancashire Applicants

Just thought I would make up a topic to see how everybody applying for Lancashire this time around is getting on.Has anybody sent their application in yet?

What are our thoughts on it ?

Looking at the application pack with the timescale, it doesn't look like we have to wait too long for our first yes/no..!

Hi<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am applying to Lancs; I will be sending the application back early next week still finishing off my last competency question, I am really worrying myself over them.

I will be really upset if I don’t make it through the paper sift, amazing how much I want it now.

Agreed, it is more real once you have the application!

I was going to send mine in ASAP, but on reflection I decided to take my time over it. The difficult thing is fitting all the information in the spaces! My drafts have all been cut in half to fit them on.. Plus it's taken a few times to get the handwriting right! I will be posting it monday.

My hubby is applying and has his form - he is driving me nuts but I do hope he gets in.  We (that will be me) are posting in on monday morning.  He has been doing a bit of it each night and has found the team working question the most difficult even though he manages a football team!!  well good luck to all!!

oh good luck - didnt post it as he just wants to check it over again tonight but def going tomorrow.  Did you remember to register online?  Sorry - I am turning into everyone's mum today.  xx

Posted it - at the post office this afternoon. I decided just to post it, the more  I look at it, the harder it was to send.. Check check check just hope I haven't missed anything..!

I did register online thanks !! Although it took quite a few goes, as the web site seemed to keep "forgetting" my details!!

Is he sending it special delivery or normal?

its going registered post - taking no chances here.  He checked through it and is currently sat changing a few bits and pieces.  I dont think he has written this much since school.... bless.  Hey you might get to meet him if you both get through (i am a glass half full kinda person).   Well fingers crossed and all that for you both.  xx will def keep in touch.

see the post above ^ 'He checked through it and is currently sat changing a few bits and pieces.  I dont think he has written this much since school.... bless.'  At 1am he decided yes he was happy with his final copy and went on line to register it.......... oh what a mistake that was.....  as you know you have to fill in the whole thing again on line except some of his answers did not fit into the gaps allocated so he had to re do it.  by 2:30 THIS MORNING i was ready for posting the application but not in any post box - more of a personal one!!!!!!!!  just after 3am he finished!!!!!!!!.  I slept for approximately one and half hours before I got up for work - he has the day off.  I am trying to be supportive - really i am- but please tell me thats the worst bit because even though I am not a violent person (although I did kick a bus stop once) I feel if it carries on i could be his first arrest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It has officially been posted, registered and I believe it could have possibly shortened both our lives (more his than mine if I see him before I have had some sleep!!).

yes the whole thing came up.  Oh I dont know whats going on - He then got an email to confirm our email address which he did and it said he will hear back in due course.  he can go back into it and look at it but cant change anything except his contact details.  I wish it was a bit more straightforward. 

Hi there, just sent my application off today!! aaarggh fingers crossed good luck to all going through the process too.

re:newuserlancs- I only saw the basics at first then noticed down the side the whole app form again, hope you managed to get it done.

hang on not sure if I can go back as I have submitted it, on the left hand side there should be a long list like this:

Personal details

Equal opportunities

Then etc etc, next to the area should be a box or below the area that has a red cross in or a light blue tick for complete, I can't get back to it as I have submitted, let me know what your page says.

Paid Membership Required

There are 117 hidden replies in this thread. To unlock the forum you will need to be a registered member and have a paid Membership Plan or Recruitment Pass. Click HERE for full details.